A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ALL YEAR LONG CHRISTMAS CRAFTALONG 2006  (Read 20976 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paula953
You can do anything if you try.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2006 04:12:50 AM »

Thanks for that I will look around and see what I can get. We have a store here in the UK named John Lewis and they have a good section for sewing with loads of patterns etc I will try there and at the craft shop. Tea towels are cheap from the market and I get the plain ones easily.
Felt stuffies! that would be something different. I will try and find a pattern for some. I have never made things like this before. Still your never too old to learn so you are all teaching an old girl new tricks and I love it. Thanks.
Paula
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Anonymous
Nikkidear
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2006 06:00:27 PM »

Here they are...(I hope the pics work, it's my first real post)

They were totally easy, and I made a few of each type so far. I think I'll be giving sets of these to some family members this year. To make one I just traced a cookie cutter on some felt twice, cut them out, adorned with rick rack and such, sandwich then, whipstitch together with floss like a pillow, and stuff with polyfil. Too easy.

Good for valentine's day too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluelise
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2006 11:27:06 PM »

For those of you looking for ornament ideas, I stumbled across a web site tonight that had ideas for making Christmas ornaments with ribbon. http://www.offray.com/howto.html  I hope it helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps. PM me for availability and ideas!
http://girlinabook.blogspot.com
Chelsea
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2006 11:18:58 AM »

Thanks for the site, I have tons of ribbon scraps in christmas colors from wrapping all those presents.  I'll have to try some of those, hopefully I'll get to them tonight.  There was a Martha Stewart episode I caught one day last month (I think about the 12 days of Christmas) and she was making a poinsettia wreath out of ribbon.  I wanted to try it so badly, but didn't have enough ribbon that I was willing to devote to one project and I couldn't go buy more.  These ornaments are perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joesherryw
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2006 08:38:18 PM »

After seeing all the cool stuff on the board, I signed up I'm so excited. I can't wait to see everyone's work!!!
                                                           Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maytina
knitting is hot

just keep knitting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2006 04:14:50 PM »

One finished object, one we'll call 'practice'.

This was made from a swing-out dollar store storage container, some tissue paper and some cute red ribbon. I put a photo of me, circa 1985, on one side and a photo of my sister, circa 1994, on the other side. I think it's cute. My side is the first photo.

I'm posting this to show effort. Haha. The funny looking sleeve is the first sleeve I attached, but the second sleeve, I had figured out what I did wrong. I'm going to add a string to hang it by from the same yarn as the sweater. I think if I can make these look festive (colour, or small embroidery maybe) I'll hang them from the cupboard knobs too.

I'm going to make more of each of these over the next couple of days, and start on sewing gifts on Wednesday. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maytina
knitting is hot

just keep knitting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2006 07:49:20 AM »

I can't believe I did that. Roll Eyes I posted about two ornaments, including one I botched and I didn't post the photo.

This is the photo of the sweater ornament:

Inspiration from these threads:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=67119.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=37984.0

Really great instructions here: http://mindofwinter.prettyposies.com/archives/000126.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandalol219
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2006 09:30:15 AM »

maytina, i love your ornaments. You are going to have one happy tree  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
Happychick
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2006 06:13:40 PM »

mmmkay, i didnt really make any ornaments in jan...maybe i'll sew some this month! But i did make two stuffies already this month

Meet zuki (left) and Jago (right)

Unfortunately my brother kidnapped jago (his head wasnt even sewn up! I quote, 'its cool, it looks like his brains are coming out'), and my best friend caught sight of zuki and promptly begged me for him Undecided I should hide them better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2006 10:58:40 PM »

Unfortunately my brother kidnapped jago (his head wasnt even sewn up! I quote, 'its cool, it looks like his brains are coming out'), and my best friend caught sight of zuki and promptly begged me for him Undecided I should hide them better!

LOL, next you make them cards that say "Merry Christmas. Hope youre ejnoying your presant you stold in February  Tongue " Actualy my family does the same thing and ends up getting cards to unwrap instead of presants. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2009 Holiday Baeble Music Indie Music Special
The Worst Cover Songs Ever
David Garrett Interview
Classical Pianist Lang Lang Interview
The Auto-Win Blackjack Table
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...