A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ALL YEAR LONG CHRISTMAS CRAFTALONG 2006  (Read 22176 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GroggyFroggy
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2006 07:17:51 PM »

Oh neat! Your baby duck is adorable and I love the cases you made, too. Hard to believe it was your first sewing project.

I love the way the stitches on the duck look like little baby duck "hair." He is just too cute. (I mean that in a good way lol). He looks like "oops, I broke my shell."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2006 07:49:15 PM »

I have no interest in making candles (allergies)  but I do so love knitting and such.. I was thinking that maybe Octoberish we could do a Christmas Craft along  Unswap-swap (Yes, I would be willing to organize).. I sure can knit..and maybe there are things not on this list that people may want to do but can't cuz of lack of crafty skill or time... what do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsea
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2006 10:16:15 AM »

The little stitches don't look like much but it's SUCH a different feel before and after the little "hairs" Smiley   And he's in a snowball.  I don't know why, but yeah.  hehe.

I was amazed at how easy simple sewing is, I'm sure the complicated stuff is hard.  I tried to make a stuffed animal in middle school, but didn't really pay attention when they were teaching us about the sewing machine so I decided to sew it by hand, and every time the stitches came right out. 

I do like that idea jnaos...I won't be able to make candles or soap because I'm not able to buy the supplies for it, I'm trying not to get into buying supplies for new crafts, and everything I make for this craftalong has to come from what I already have (with the exception of a trip or two to the craft store for stuff I run out of).  Plus when I made candles a few years ago, the mess alone is enough to keep me from wanting to try it again just yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2006 10:34:51 AM »

Oops  Lips sealed I bet I would have known it was a snowball if Easter wasn't around the corner.  Grin

Jnaos, I think you have a great idea there. I couldn't really help out right now but there might be others who could. Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jnaos

« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2006 11:18:51 AM »

Ok.. so in October I will organzie an unswap swap..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruwena
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2006 08:44:33 PM »

I'm allergic to candles and soap so during those months I will do something else entirely. Like knit more Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nikkidear
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2006 09:40:24 PM »

Finished my feb. sewn gift. Made a pouch for my honey's gameboy micro. I'll post pics soon. Working on my bookmark now. Glad to see ppl are still posting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jnaos

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2006 10:33:19 PM »

Since we are beading I would post what I did today.  It is an eyeglass holder.  I saw one in the Public Television catalog for around 50.00..mine was about 6.00.  I used those packets of beads that you can supposedly make three bracelets out of.  1 1/3 packets were used and I can still make two bracelets.. though I won't.

and

basically the eyeglasses rest through  the hoop by the stem and are folded ... not the traditional granny wear way where you have beads on both sides of your face... I made it for my friends mom who said she always misplaces her glasses and wished she had somewhere to put them

Oh I use fishing line to bead with.. I find it hardly EVER breaks and is cheap.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006 10:42:05 PM by jnaos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jnaos

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2006 10:51:27 PM »

Oh Misswrite.. I was wondering if you did the directiuons for the book thongs or just beaded some string.  I am a knitter and not too strong on crochet how long are yours?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldpaperstar

i love craftster.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2006 11:21:41 PM »

I'm not that much of a computer newb but the yahoo groups thing seems difficult to use to me..
I didnt get to make any ornaments in January either which stinks because I thought up this really great idea for them too. But I have to wait until they start selling those clear glass ornaments again which is usually in October I think.

just wanted to let you know, i work at hobby lobby, and i know that we sell these all year long in the craft glass aisle. so if you have one of those around...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

distant though i am
orange, gold and green
firing, flaming
colors surround me

http://myspace.com/goldpaperstar
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Pork with a Jicard
How to Make Pork with Yellow Mustard
Texas Barbeque Recipe
How to smoke a Bonita Fish
How to Beer Steam Maine Lobster Tails
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...