A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cell phone charms - for antenna, not loop?  (Read 1663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mmmfruit
« on: December 12, 2005 09:04:59 AM »

My family and I just got new phones and we upgraded from an ancient Nokia model to this one: Nokia 6102

Here is a view of the top of the phone to show there's no loop.. that area that looks like a potentially good spot to attach a strap is actually just the loudspeaker/speakerphone, and nothing attaches to it. >_<

I'd like to personalize mine and my mom's a bit with some sort of cell phone charm, but I noticed our phones does not have the little loop where you could attach a strap/string onto. >_< All it's got is the antennae.

So, I've been looking at various bead/charm/jewelry sites and searching through all the findings, but I can't find anything like these fitted rubber bands, which is what I will probably need to make my own charms:

https://shop.thehungersite.com/store/item.do?itemId=26345&siteId=220&sourceId=1260044&sourceClass=StoreSearch&index=3

Anyone know where I could buy some, or something similar?

Thanks so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005 10:03:37 AM »

Those look exactly like silicone o-rings that I buy to put on the plugs I wear in my ears.  I buy them from my piercing shop for about 50 each, and they come in black and clear and a wide range of sizes. They are pretty durable too.  One of my friends with larger gauges makes his own plugs and he buys o-rings at the hardware store, but I don't know how small the sizes go there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
Beadbakery
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005 01:42:41 PM »

try places like home depot in the plumming section.  They have things like that to put on pipe to stop a leak.  I've just discovered the great things that you can craft with there the other night, I was totally surprised and excited
THIS ROCKS   Logged

giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005 01:32:43 PM »

If you know someone who wears braces, maybe those elastics would be about the right size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftymomof2banks

Follow me on facebook! Link is below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005 06:19:29 PM »

I have used very thin copper wire to attach charms to my phone. But I think some elastic string would work better. or a leather string.

Just my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005 06:30:45 PM »

I just thought of this silly me.  Crimp beads.  Get elastic cord crimp a bead on there and leave 2 ends hanging, put beads and charms on the loose ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005 11:22:20 AM »

I went by Home depot and lo and behold!

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=storehome%2fpg_storehome.jsp

I bought a pack for my ears for $1.97, and I wish my cell phone had an antenna, because I would have had some fun with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...