A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cell phone charms - for antenna, not loop?  (Read 1467 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mmmfruit
« on: December 12, 2005 09:04:59 AM »

My family and I just got new phones and we upgraded from an ancient Nokia model to this one: Nokia 6102

Here is a view of the top of the phone to show there's no loop.. that area that looks like a potentially good spot to attach a strap is actually just the loudspeaker/speakerphone, and nothing attaches to it. >_<

I'd like to personalize mine and my mom's a bit with some sort of cell phone charm, but I noticed our phones does not have the little loop where you could attach a strap/string onto. >_< All it's got is the antennae.

So, I've been looking at various bead/charm/jewelry sites and searching through all the findings, but I can't find anything like these fitted rubber bands, which is what I will probably need to make my own charms:

https://shop.thehungersite.com/store/item.do?itemId=26345&siteId=220&sourceId=1260044&sourceClass=StoreSearch&index=3

Anyone know where I could buy some, or something similar?

Thanks so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005 10:03:37 AM »

Those look exactly like silicone o-rings that I buy to put on the plugs I wear in my ears.  I buy them from my piercing shop for about 50 each, and they come in black and clear and a wide range of sizes. They are pretty durable too.  One of my friends with larger gauges makes his own plugs and he buys o-rings at the hardware store, but I don't know how small the sizes go there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
Beadbakery
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005 01:42:41 PM »

try places like home depot in the plumming section.  They have things like that to put on pipe to stop a leak.  I've just discovered the great things that you can craft with there the other night, I was totally surprised and excited
THIS ROCKS   Logged

giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005 01:32:43 PM »

If you know someone who wears braces, maybe those elastics would be about the right size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftymomof2banks

Follow me on facebook! Link is below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005 06:19:29 PM »

I have used very thin copper wire to attach charms to my phone. But I think some elastic string would work better. or a leather string.

Just my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005 06:30:45 PM »

I just thought of this silly me.  Crimp beads.  Get elastic cord crimp a bead on there and leave 2 ends hanging, put beads and charms on the loose ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005 11:22:20 AM »

I went by Home depot and lo and behold!

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=storehome%2fpg_storehome.jsp

I bought a pack for my ears for $1.97, and I wish my cell phone had an antenna, because I would have had some fun with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Piccolo
How to Draw Philip Fry
How to Draw Peter Pan
How to Draw Pekingse
How to Draw Patrick
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...