A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New AC Moore in Queens!  (Read 2283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stellaxsnake
« on: December 11, 2005 08:44:14 PM »

just in case anyone's interested, they opened up a GINORMOUS new A.C. Moore in Queens

here's the address:
89-89 Union Turnpike
Glendale, NY 11385
718-846-3718

they open pretty late too, til 10pm on weekdays and saturdays.
ohh, this makes me so happy! After being stuck with that dinky little Rag Shop in College Point, this is absolute heaven!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005 08:49:50 PM by stellaxsnake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

like a skull shaped balloon, i believe in us
bewitchedsam
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005 06:19:50 PM »

oooh!! gotta check that out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NYCeGirlKnits
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005 08:45:40 AM »

Thanks for the info! I like AC Moore better than Michaels but there is a Michaels on Nothern Blvd in Queens, Long Island City. It's not a bad one just a bit smaller than some I've been to. I'm off to AC Moore!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampirebee
Bee

Love me, love my angst.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005 07:08:59 PM »

I'm completely clueless when it comes to the "outer boroughs". 

Is it possible to get to this new AC Moore by Metro or bus... assuming they ever run again ever?!

I still haven't made it to the new Michael's in Queens, but I'm heading off to Austin on Saturday (if we can get to the airport...) for a week of suburban craft-shopping love.  As bad-ass as it is to live in Manhattan, I do miss living in a city with more strip-malls than you can shake a stick at...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours."
~Robert Byrne
archit
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005 07:59:18 PM »

I think you can just take the 46 straight down, because it's on Union Turnpike.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luluvision
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006 05:07:36 PM »

I just went to AC Moore yesterday after reading about it here. It is very big!! Bigger than the Michael's in Queens. They have a huge yarn section as well as wood crafts and acrylic paints. Oh and florals too but I'm not into florals so I didn't really look there. I don't know about taking public transportation because I drove there. If you are coming from the belt parkway, just take exit 17 (Woodhaven/Cross Bay Blvd) and then turn right onto Union Turnpike. I had done a mapquest and they told me to turn on the wrong street!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

island-princess
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006 01:54:41 PM »

Is there a subway train or LIRR you can take to the AC Moore? I have been to Michael's via subway but want to know if the train or bus goes there since I do not have a car.

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luluvision
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006 09:50:14 PM »

I'm not sure but if you go to www.hopstop.com and plug in your address and AC Moore's address, it will tell you how to get there via public transportation. If you sign up for their mailing list, they e-mail you the flyer each week and lately they've been offering a 40% coupon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mickele
Exclamation POINT!

Whoosh.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006 01:38:11 PM »

Is there a subway train or LIRR you can take to the AC Moore? I have been to Michael's via subway but want to know if the train or bus goes there since I do not have a car.

Thanks
you can take the E or F train to Union Turnpike, then get on the Q46 right there, its the first stop (and is across the street from a CVS pharmacy).
Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog where I amuse myself.
bondidwhat
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006 03:36:33 AM »

The Q46 won't get you there - it goes down Union Turnpike but in the opposite direction. I went a couple of weeks ago and here's how I went - took the E, F, R to Forest Hills (71 St/Continental), took the Q23 bus in front of the Vitamin Shop going toward Forest Hills/Crescent Apartments - got off at the last stop. The last stop leaves you directly across the street from the shopping center that AC Moore is in. Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Woman Finds Success Writing Harry Potter Fan Fiction
Writer Finds Audience Through Erotic Pro-Wrestling Fan Fiction
Fan Fiction
Si-Cology 1 by Duck Dynasty’s Uncle Si
Fury Series by Elizabeth Miles Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...