A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,573
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2 bags + AMAZING bonus...heheh.  (Read 1921 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MisFit

*you're never too old to enjoy a jumping castle*

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2005 05:09:14 PM »

Hey Guys...

After stumbling upon the site a couple of weeks ago, I have found myself very inspired! Stencilling and recon just wasn't enough, so I've voyaged into the crazy world of sewing. Here are a couple of bags I made:

This was my 'demo bag'. My mom was helping me, and we made it pretty quickly as it didn't have a lining or anything. It turned out pretty nicely, so I'll probably use it.

Here is a closeup of the fabric I used - so cute! My mom bought it when my sister and I were little but never used it.

Here is my second bag, a present for my friend Erin. We couldn't quite figure out the whole lining thing (well I could, but my mom insisted I was wrong  Tongue). It took a lot longer than the demo, but it turned out pretty nicely. The fabric was only $3/metre at Fabricland!!

Closeup of the pretty pattern. A word of advice - although beautiful, this silky polyester blend stuff is a nightmare to sew!!

And finally, the amazing bonus I promised...this may require some explanation first. My boyfriend got pretty bored as my mom and I were sewing away, and so he decided to 'create' a lovely outfit. Dont ask me what the thing on his head is... Huh

Thought you would all get a kick out of my 'crafty' boyfriend! Any comments / questions appreciated. Thanks for looking!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005 05:21:55 PM »

Cheesy

The bags are cute, but hey!!  your boyfriend's outfit... now that IS something! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MisFit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005 05:24:41 PM »

Thanks! Hehe he would be so mad if he knew I posted that... Lips sealed It gave my mom and me some much needed comic relief!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Monina
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005 07:49:37 PM »

There is only ONE thing better than making beautiful things: a hot boyfriend that knows how to have fun while you sew!!! congratulations, both on the bags and your sweetie!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
munk_munk
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005 06:13:43 AM »

HAHAHAHA..... Grin i would die to see your boyfriends face when he realizes that you have posted THIS picture.....HAHAHAHA...this is soooo sweet

And: i love your bags, especially the the flowery one..... great job Grin! did you use a tutorial?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MisFit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005 10:53:25 AM »

Thanks guys, he apparently didn't share my view...lol...his MOM actually discovered it and there was a bit of a scene. Lips sealed
about the bags, I have looked at the tinafish tutorial and a lot of the others but I'm not very good with understanding peoples instructions - I usually have to try things myself. We made a 'pattern' out of some scrap paper and followed that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rubyflame
I am the Lizard Queen!

Helium balloons tempt me.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005 11:39:52 AM »

cute! love the 2nd fabric (poppies!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And then my heart                      
with pleasure fills                
and dances with the daffodils
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
JohnK Explains Cartoon Construction Pt. 1
Chocolate Painting with Spoon
Documentary Photographer Mary Ellen Mark Dies At 75
Fix Basic Photo Mistakes
Photography Tips: Adjusting the Shutter Speed
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...