A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wedding invitations?  (Read 6094 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redlipsredboots
« on: May 29, 2004 01:13:11 AM »

does anyone know where i could get wedding invites on great non-kinkos paper for cheap?Huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlMadchen
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004 06:19:03 PM »

You could just use your home printer to make some - there are lots of nice types of paper out there and printers today are pretty snazzy at printing onto a lot of different substances.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.redsuedekitten. com

http://redsuedekitten.etsy.com - red suede kitten's etsy shop - for colourful, original felt jewelry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redsuedekitten - my flickr page - lots of photos of my felt jewelry
jinxminx
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004 05:20:21 PM »

Well, my friend just got married and her and her hubby to be silk screened there invites on cardstock- they looked really cool when they were sent out Wink

This is sorta a wedding side note but the last issue of ready made had an article about a cool wedding too!

When's your big day? Weddings are such a bigggg project, but worth it!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
redlipsredboots
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004 08:52:18 PM »

my friend chris is getting married soon, and he wants me to paint/make the invites, i'm the decided avant-garde wedding planner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlMadchen
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004 12:16:02 AM »

you could also try stamps - particularly those large Indian woodblock stamps that were originally used to stamp fabrics, they often have very intricate patterns, or larger pictures of animals and flowers on them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.redsuedekitten. com

http://redsuedekitten.etsy.com - red suede kitten's etsy shop - for colourful, original felt jewelry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redsuedekitten - my flickr page - lots of photos of my felt jewelry
bevrockin

How y'all doin, everbuddy?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004 09:56:02 AM »

Most craft stores have invitations and envelopes in bags of 50 for dirt cheap.  They're usually around $10, but sometimes our Michael's puts them on sale for $5.  I got lucky on one of those sales when I was doing my sister-in-law's invites last month.  I made hers using white cardstock invites (I think they're 5" wide by 6" tall when folded) that I printed on my work computer (it's a laser printer so the ink looks better than my inkjet at home).  On the front I affixed a rectangle of lavender mulberry paper, through which I punched two holes with a very tiny hole punch and tied a bow of thin organza ribbon.  On top of the mulberry paper, I put a little embossed picture of a wedding cake.  I made the embossed pictures using white cardstock and brass embossing stencils.  They turned out to be very informal, but way cute.  If I can think of it, I'll take a picture. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boygirlparty
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004 01:17:14 PM »

how cheap do you consider cheap?
there are some good printing options online!
if you're doing a big quantity, offset printing looks really nice, and is done on a per color pricing system.  (you can get 1 color, 2 color, 3 color or - 4 color is full color)
awesome paper companies:
neenah papers
french paper
and on the more expensive end/meant for wedding invites-ish/pretty papers is the paper source http://www.paper-source.com
hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.boygirlparty.com: illustrations and fun stuff by susie ghahremani
http://shop.boygirlparty.com: the shop at boygirlparty.com
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004 09:56:51 AM »

I got mine at crane on sale and used velum from staples of all places, but I agree that Paper Source is the almighty when it comes to paper for weddings. I didn't know about it when I got married or I would of got everything there. They even have these print outs you can get online or in store that tell you how to make different types of invitations and what papers you would need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cawfeehowse
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004 10:16:49 AM »

Most craft stores have invitations and envelopes in bags of 50 for dirt cheap.  They're usually around $10, but sometimes our Michael's puts them on sale for $5.  I got lucky on one of those sales when I was doing my sister-in-law's invites last month.  I made hers using white cardstock invites (I think they're 5" wide by 6" tall when folded) that I printed on my work computer (it's a laser printer so the ink looks better than my inkjet at home).  On the front I affixed a rectangle of lavender mulberry paper, through which I punched two holes with a very tiny hole punch and tied a bow of thin organza ribbon.  On top of the mulberry paper, I put a little embossed picture of a wedding cake.  I made the embossed pictures using white cardstock and brass embossing stencils.  They turned out to be very informal, but way cute.  If I can think of it, I'll take a picture. 

i'd like to see a picture.  I'm not getting married anytime soon but it's still nice to look.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004 11:09:36 AM »

does anyone know where i could get wedding invites on great non-kinkos paper for cheap?Huh?

I just did bridal shower invites for a friend of mine.

I bought some packages of these cute, blank, scalloped cards from Paper Source.  Then designed what I wanted them to say in Illustrator and ran each card through my inkjet.  Then I used a flower hole punch and cut flowers out of construction paper and glued them on.

I included an insert in each envelope with the extra info like directions, where she's registered, etc.  I printed these like 6 to a sheet and then made black & white copies on colored paper and cut the paper myself.  Kinkos locations usually have heavy duty paper cutters you can use.

I'm lucky enough to have a Paper Source store right near me but they have a website here: http://www.paper-source.com  They have such great blank cards, envelopes, etc.

sorry to have been such a dork as to blur out the the info but it's a surprise shower and my friend is a super sleuth at figuring these things out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vintage Bowles - Geoffrey Beene
Jeanius - Sylvana Ward Durrett
Vintage Bowles - The Secrets to Becoming a Vintage Collector
From the Vogue Closet - The Designer Sneaker
Tips from Fashion Assistant Grace Fuller
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...