A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boobholder KAL, gals?  (Read 21544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madeleine09
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2006 01:06:22 PM »

I just cast-on this project last night! I am using it to stash-bust too, I have a pretty green cotton yarn I am using, so i am hoping I have enough to finish!
How long is this taking everyone to do? I have like 3-4 inches done, and am trying to see if I can get this done to wear on St Patrick's Day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hitgirl
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2006 03:04:16 PM »

I've been knitting this for probably half a week now. It's taking me forever because as I plan on making long sleeves using magic loop, I have knitting it continental (I'm actually a combined knitter and combined doesn't work with circular knitting). It's my first time knitting continental flat, and asides from taking ages, my knits and purls have different tensions. I kept going, hoping my tension would even out, but it didn't. Tongue oh well. I've just joined the body, so hopefully things should go faster now. Those raglan increases were so time consuming...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2006 03:25:58 PM »

Here's a question for you or anyone else who might know:

Is there a way to get rid of the sharp angle at the 2 neck center fronts? There must be a way to curve that edge.
It bothers me to have that sharp point up by my neck.

Hi pmack17, have you tried short row shaping? It would take care of that. Here are a couple of links for you to check out:

Knitty.com Article- Short row shaping A really good "how to" with diagrams!

Knitting Help- Advanced Techniques Scroll down to video "Short Row with Wrap"

Hope that helps!

Emms  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmack17
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006 09:04:17 AM »

Short rows! Wow! What a great idea. I know how to do them. How would I apply it to this situation? Just shorten each row in the garter stitch neckband?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2006 01:17:14 PM »

I'm not sure.... anyone else know the answer to that?

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madeleine09
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2006 03:19:09 PM »

I finally finshed mine! The sleeves were way too small, so I ended up doing them like three times over to get them the right size. I was very happy with the outcome though. I used just over one skein of Patons Paridisio. It is a beautiful green that I am going to wear tomorrow for St Patrick's Day! I really love this pattern though, it was a great one to use to with my stash since I am on a major yarn diet.

Can't wait to see everyone else's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aijay
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2006 11:28:00 AM »

I'm thinking about making a second boobholder and trying to tackle that pointy-edge question that pmack17 had.  maybe cast on fewer stitches in the beginning and do increases at the ends of each row until I hit the stockinette part, so that there's a slanting edge instead of such a point?  I'll have to experiment.
Here's my first boobholder mod below.  I didn't do the sleeve increases, and after I reached my button row (I used a crochet chain loop instead of a buttonhole) I started doing decreases instead of increases.  It was a stashbuster, this odd camo yarn -- I think I bought it on clearance forever ago.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010 10:46:35 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmack17
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2006 01:31:31 PM »

Cute, aijay. What a coincidence! I'm wearing mine today! Your idea for the neck edge sounds good. Please report back and let us know the results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2006 03:29:04 PM »

I really like yours aijay!

I am so close to finished- but I don't have US 8 (5.0mm) DPN's or small enough circs so I can't finish the sleeves yet. I even sewed on the button!  Smiley

I tried to do it with straights but it stretched the seam too much, and looked scary!  Shocked I thought it was going to break the yarn!

So I have to go get some DPN's today.  Undecided I am going to the cheapest place I know to get them cuz i am soooo poor right now!

Emms   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

felly
19th October's the B.dae

the felly to the ellly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2006 05:02:11 PM »

Hey... those of u who did the bigger size ones, did u follow the pattern exactly? n those who did the normal sizes? any changes to the pattern? i couldn't find anything on these posts! thanks lots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeLLy BeLLy MeLLy JeLLy KeLLy TeLLy *heart* Crafty

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/felly
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Your Hair Into a Wet Look Bun
Say Goodbye to Dry, Damaged Hair in 2013
How to Trim Your Own Bangs to Look Like Kate Middleton
How to Get a Faux Bob
How to Style a Slick Wet Look Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...