A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,804
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rock On Stencil T-Shirt  (Read 1612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonbeam1212
« on: December 08, 2005 07:59:12 AM »

Hi.  This is my first official posting of a project other than a craft challenge--its also my very first stenciling project.  A little background info:  My uncle is a wanna be rock star, he has a few bands that he plays drums in, and he goes by the name of Bad Ronald (yes this is a grown man of 42 who acts like a 22 year old hee hee).

Here's my shirt I made him.  It was supposed to be for Christmas, but I got so excited about it I had to give it to him early.  He went nuts!

The shirt:

Close up of the detail: (here you can see my messiness! eek)

I found a font called "rockstar" on the web and the stencil was based largely on one of the pictures in the font.  I had wrote the "Bad Ronald" and "Rock Star"  I printed it on normal paper becuase i had no card stock.  I put the paper and a piece of heavier paper that was part of a piece of junk mail together and put clear contact paper over both sides to laminate them and cut the stencil out.

Hope you like!
-Jenn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not yet crafty enough to have a rawking sig.
Moonbeam1212
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005 08:02:42 AM »

Very sorry guys I think this belongs in the stencil board   Embarrassed    Now that I posted it I dont know how to move it.  So sorry.  Please forgive me  Kiss

-Jenn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shaving kit
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005 08:06:41 AM »

Rock on, Bad Ronald!

Great job...god he must have gone insane over it...it's really cool. That's a really special gift. You are now officially his favorite niece of all time, I'm sure. I love the arm detail! Did you use speedball ink/paint, acrylics, or spray paint?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonbeam1212
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005 08:32:14 PM »

Hey ... back during the server melt down i actually replied to your post.  Sorry I didn't notice until now that it got eaten by the server monster  Shocked

I used Jacquard Textile paint.  I had some fabric paint laying around that my mom gave me but its the kind that you dint iron.  Everything I read on craftster used textile or acrylic with textile medium, so I went with my textile paints.

I am the favorite... i was here first!  Squatters rights ya know  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn a Crocheted Slip Stitch
How to Make Cozy Crochet Mittens
Homemade Hen Party Crackers
How to Personalize Holiday Gifts
How to Host a Caroling Party
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...