A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Best Idea Ever:Project Runway  (Read 2511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2005 02:09:23 PM »

There is this show called Project Runway that comes on Bravo, the premiere for the second season starts today.  Its where they get this task and they have to design the outfit.  My mom said one time they had to use food for the projecf.  And I was thinking why couldn't the people do it on here because there are so many cool craftsters here.  There is no reward.  But, it will be cool to see what people come up with in a short time.  It be like a crafty project runway.  I mean I would like to moniter this and I was thinking like quirky ideas, fun ideas.  Like Every two weeks its due and then I will come up with a new topic.  So, for the first project its due December 21, so by the end of the day on the 21 have your picture up.  You can have your picture up before then if you want.  So the first project will be a cardboard outfit, come up with any design you want.   I cant wait to see what you make.  So, what do u think?  Let's see you work that cardboard outfit, just joking. Its kind of like a challenge, can anyone make a outfit with cardboard, I dont know but lets see. Have fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitting_gromit
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005 02:30:04 PM »

Oh, gosh, I worship the first season! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maliaka
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005 02:46:33 PM »

I watched every episode of the first season in hopes that I'd see good sewing tips or see them really contructing their garments, but mostly the show is just drama, drama, drama with a few scenes of the people working on their clothes in the far background.

I'll be watching the second season anyway...I get too easily drawn in to anything sewing/clothing related...even if you never get to see them working on anything! It's fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Winter Lights Clothing ~
http://www.winterlights.etsy.com
educo
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005 03:53:47 PM »

I'm waiting for the show tonight.  But that's a good idea of doing maybe the same challenges as the contestants.  Obviously it would take much longer...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
keighley
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005 04:44:17 PM »

thats a neat idea, and if i wasnt going to be busting my ass for the next 3 weeks making christmas and hannukah presents i would join in, but alas i am poor and therefore must resort to making shiz for my friends who are somehow mesmerized by my mediochre crafting abilities.

you should try posting this as an idea for a swap too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tyadz
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005 06:10:22 PM »

ooh ooh oooh pick me ! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tyadz
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005 06:11:48 PM »

oh lmao i didnt exactly read the whole thing lol i dont think i have any cardboard... what if you give like 2 choices for people without cardboard  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

baby4brat4
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005 06:22:01 PM »

ohhh sounds fun. this one time i made a super cute purse out of hot cheeto bags bu then my mom through it away cuz she thought it was trash Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would rather fail on my own terms than succeed on someone else's.
IAte86Crayons
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005 07:43:13 PM »

Good idea Smiley I would join in this time but I don't have any cardboard and I dunno where I'd even get enough to make an outfit.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cailloux
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005 07:53:10 PM »

This sounds like a really good idea... people will probably have more time after the holidays. I know I'll join in. My entries will be purely for hilarity, though. Can we get points for hilarity?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Watermarks
How to make HD Videos Using Cyberlink Power Director
How to Design a Haunted House Part 1/3
How to Design a Club Flyer - Putting it all together 13/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Working with Gradients Part 5/14
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...