A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,091
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional swapper swap - DECEMBER  (Read 17570 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2006 11:13:07 PM »

i love the patches! how did you make them? they're gorgeous!

I used the Avery iron-on ink jet transfers (for dark t-shirts) - printed off a bunch of images that I found online (Google Images search for 'tattoo art') then ironed them onto some felt, cut them out and sprayed the backs with fusible web to make them a bit stiffer/ iron on-able  Lips sealed SUPER EASY!

edit: here is the thread that inspired me: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=44769.0
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006 12:14:31 AM by Madmatigan79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2006 12:09:16 AM »

i love the patches! how did you make them? they're gorgeous!

I used the Avery iron-on ink jet transfers (for dark t-shirts) - printed off a bunch of images that I found online (Google Images search for 'tattoo art') then ironed them onto some felt, cut them out and sprayed the backs with fusible web to make them a bit stiffer/ iron on-able  Lips sealed SUPER EASY!

i figured that's what you did, i've been too cheap to buy the black t-shirt stuff, it's so expensive! the felt doesn't care that it's being ironed that hot? that's what i was nervous about.

hertrigger, your mom looks so much like you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2006 07:07:39 AM »

Thanks for sharing the info about the patches.  They are way cool and sounds like not too hard.  Where do you get spray fusible webbing?  By the way, I love the Avery paper for dark shirts.  I tried the BestBlank paper and I don't do as well with it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2006 08:07:15 AM »

I got a knock on my door while looking at this gallery.  It was the mail carrier, who was here earlier than usual, and he had a package for moi!  It came Express, and everything!
The envelope was stuffed full of things, and I think they were all for this swap.  I had wished for a fabric belt and a tofu shirt (a shirt with tofu, not a shirt made from tofu--just to be clear).  I got both in this package, plus so much more.  The shirt looks like it was made from a stamp, and I got matching note cards.  And I didn't get just one belt, but rather five convertible button-on belts that connect to the same buckle.  PLUS, I got a bonus:  a super-cute green knit minipurse and matching cell phone cozy (which is absolute serendipity, because my parents just got me a cell phone for Christmas and they're trying to convince me to carry it.  I think this will contribute toward their cause.  Smiley). 

EDIT #2:  It's from gerbilonwheels!  Thank you so much! (I've been wondering all day.  I knew your real name, but I just got your Secret Craftster Identity from hertrigger!)

EDITED to add photos!
A whole variety of belt styles--from plain, functional black to bright, amazing blue ribbon!  Thanks for the fantastic selection!

"Powered by Tofu" note cards, with the same design as the t-shirt.  I was trying to figure out what method she used, and I think it's a stamp.  Did you make it yourself?  It's awesome!

I'm not showing the shirt yet, because I promised an action shot in my wish post.   Wink

Little purse and cell phone cozy, which I love:

I just realized that the photo looks like I'm holding a stinky item as far away as possible.  It's not smelly!  Honest!  I'm just a really bad model!  (I like the loop on the side.  It'll be great for attaching it to the hook inside one of the larger bags that I carry around to class & such.

The phone fits perfectly!  Couldn't have asked for better if I'd... asked in the first place.  Besides being an awesomely fun color, the yarn is really nice.  Wool or wool blend. 

Thank you, gerbilonwheels!   (Love that name, by the way.  I'm picturing a gerbil-powered knitting machine!)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011 08:58:11 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2006 03:45:39 PM »

EDIT #2:  It's from gerbilonwheels!  Thank you so much! (I've been wondering all day.  I knew your real name, but I just got your Secret Craftster Identity from hertrigger!)

secret identity haha *giggles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.c om

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2006 08:46:58 PM »

The yarn is Lamb's Pride and I made the stamper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2006 08:49:05 PM »

*yay* for patches by Madmatigan79 - seeing them reminded me that I'd meant to take a photo of the cd (AND patches) that I posted about a week or so ago . . .  I can't decide which patch I like best, but I'm still singing along to the CD on the ay to work!

(and why is it so difficult to take a photo of a CD?  I need to be home during daylight hours!)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011 09:00:41 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.co m - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.bl ogspot.com
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2006 09:04:21 PM »

The yarn is Lamb's Pride and I made the stamper.
I love that stamp.  My tofu's got GUNS!  Nice job on it.
And that yarn is so fantastic.  Such a great color to look at during a midwestern January.  Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
bracelet_girl
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2006 08:25:19 AM »

I received these pins from a secret craftster. Thank you whoever you are! I love them. They've got pride of place on my bag now.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
Morning Star

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2006 08:26:27 AM »

those are from sweetie pie press. she doesn't an awesome job. i know, cause she sent me some, too, a while back. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Indu Sundaresan Talks About Shadow Princess
David McCullough Reveals His Favorite Movies
Dr. Craig Martin Talks About Elemental Love Styles
Nora Titone Talks About My Thoughts Be Bloody
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...