A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need help! Slipper search  (Read 1375 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 07, 2005 08:05:45 AM »

Hello Amazing Felters! Glad to be back after last weeks shut down....that was harsh. phew! glad its over.  Roll Eyes
Okay- so I am in a bit of a bind, and cannot find ANY decent links or tutes for slipper patterns on the web.  Tongue
well....except for martha stewart and her tute is (gasp!) flawed! (ha-ha)
here's what I've got/thinking of.......
I have a nice med. sized piece of my first wet felting .. about lets say: 12" x 24" roughly...
And i also have a smaller piece of about 3/4 of that size. I have great soft leather that i wanted for skid protection on the soles.....
Now i just want to find a good reliable tutorial and/or pattern that i can use to cut up the felt and perhaps shape it into form on the foot and then sew the leather to the bottom.
 Huh or anything along those lines for a slipper...
This is supposed to be the plan for my mans' "special" xmas gift..... Please help! I've already been tempted (and resisted- thank goodness) to just go and buy that cheap 'made in china' pair i saw at the Armyn'Navy on the weekend.  Tongue Noooooo!!!!! 
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

radal16
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005 12:09:05 PM »

I don't know any cut out patterns for slippers, check Simplicity- you can search all their patterns online.  But if you want to wet felt a seamless pair of slippers check these sites out (hopefully they still work...)

http://www.peak.org/~spark/FeltBootPattern.html

http://www.vertetsable.com/demos_feltboots.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexis
dreamer

waist deep

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005 12:28:26 PM »

That's funny because I just found this http://www.vertetsable.com/demos_slippers.htm and might try to do a pattern for it.  Smiley
thanks for the wet felt links- when i get money for more roving i want to try something more 3-D. AND reeeeally want to make a rug too!!
gonna try this link. wish me luck....my man may be getting eastern pointed toe slippers .. then he'll look EXACTLY like an elf.  Cheesy lol. I am so mean.
I will do an update if I feel like conquering this soon-tho not today. Grin I think it might be hard, no pattern, no actual foot to go by.....  Undecided
anyone have good tips?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GraceOblivious
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005 12:42:57 PM »

Hi lexis,  There was an article on making (slide type) slippers a year or two ago in THREADS magazine.  There is also an independent pattern co. with some great spa and slipper  and bag patterns - cannot remember the name.   Will post again if I find it.     Also it seems to me that Chris Wass did a tute here on Craftster about knit slippers that might could be a place to start in making up your pattern.   Mostly though, cann't you trace his foot or shoe to get a pattern for the sole and then build a top over that?  Or get some of those shoe inserts and work from that?  Just ideas.  Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
corduroy cat
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005 05:20:44 PM »

go girl! Smiley wish i could have made them in that workshop Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005 12:58:46 AM »

go girl! Smiley wish i could have made them in that workshop Tongue

Speaking of that workshop......

THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005 04:52:29 AM »

lol, i made a bag. which was fine with me cause i had never wet felted anything 3d. the teacher was really cool, her home was full of rugs and things she'd felted. she's actually in the midst of writing a book on felting which should be out next year. she said she might do an advanced felting class someday where we could felt over forms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexis
dreamer

waist deep

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005 08:38:42 AM »

today's the day i try to attempt the curved toe slipper...hahaha... .wish me luck i really need it.
AND of course i got a tracing of the misters foot last night while he was doing the dishes:
me: "just step on this for a second, no no, just step on it and don't look down!"
him: "what?? oohh! okay."
-tracing foot-
him: "While you're down there you could massage my feet"
me: "HA- no way your feet stink"
then he just laughed at me as i continued to mumble to myself about it being much easier having his actual foot to work by... i think he realises that i am having a helluva time making his original slippers! lol! he made the felt with me- so  Roll Eyes its not a HUGE surprise! LOL!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Ru Freeman
Ian Irvine Talks About The Last Albatross
Doug Stanton Talks About Horse Soldiers
Linda Mintle Talks About Press Pause Before You Eat
Suzanne Guillette Talks About Much To Your Chagrin
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...