A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 4  (Read 31012 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005 10:03:30 PM »

morningstar!  you are freakin adorable!  that is a wonderful knitting pic!  not everyone gets their first 20 stitches on camera you know!   you are way cute!  and i am sooooo glad you are having fun with the needles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Morning Star

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005 10:23:07 PM »

morningstar!  you are freakin adorable!  that is a wonderful knitting pic!  not everyone gets their first 20 stitches on camera you know!   you are way cute!  and i am sooooo glad you are having fun with the needles!

awe.. haha! thank you!
i was so wired last night. i'm learning pretty quick, too. bloocanoe did a good job explaining. i'm having a tough time holding it all well, but i'll learn. i'm so used to one hook.

i did do about an inch of the knit stitch (is that right..?), and i got it down pretty good. i'm going to try purling more (that one is a little tougher).

i can't wait to be able to make knitted stuff like all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005 11:39:38 PM »

I RECEIVED!!  I RECEIVED!!  my first swap to receive in!  (I got flaked-on in the first one I did Sad )
Writer78 took my wish of something monkey-related and sent me this awesome drawstring pouch!

She embroidered it and everything!\

just look at those bananas! And the leaf with beads!  And the parasol!  SQUEEEEE!

Even the lining is awesome!

She also sent me two of my favoritest things (besides monkeys that is)
Ribbon!

and Stickers!

Eva was afraid that I'd meant a stuffie or a fimo monkey when I wished for something monkey related.  HA!  Not only is this monkey (and really cute!)  It's also extremely functional! It holds my digital camera, extra battery, and memory card, and cord perfectly!  Now I don't have to worry about my lovely camera getting all beat up in the bottom of my bottomless-pit (a.k.a my purse)  I'm SO in love with this! 

Eva, you completely made-up for the disappointment I had from being flaked on!  Thank you SO SO SO much!

Everyone else, sorry I went a little overboard with the exclaimation points, I'm just REALLY excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
Writer78
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005 07:38:23 AM »

I'm SO in love with this!  ...  Eva, you completely made-up for the disappointment I had from being flaked on!  Thank you SO SO SO much!

This makes my day - I'm sitting here smiling at the computer screen.  I am SO glad I could ease the disappointment of a flaker experience; I salute you for signing up for another swap after that happened to you!  And I'm SO pleased that you like everything so much!

I made the pouch for fun after falling in love with the fabric, but I didn't have an idea of what to do with it once it was done.  It seemed to fit your tastes just right.  I wasn't sure what a medium-small pouch could be used for, but I'm very glad that it's useful for your camera.  I got the rickrack, seed beads, and embroidery floss in "craft crap" swaps; the lining fabric - which I am nuts about - was a markdown remnant at JoAnn's.  (I have some leftover!  yay!  More pouches!)  I adore drawstring pouch making, and I'm so happy that it made you happy!

Also, my sis works for Scholastic, which publishes the US editions of Harry Potter, and she gave me some HP goodies recently.  The purple stickers are a promo item that I don't think you can get other places, just through Scholastic.  cool, huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargirl

whatever it takes...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005 11:25:54 AM »

Also, my sis works for Scholastic, which publishes the US editions of Harry Potter, and she gave me some HP goodies recently.  The purple stickers are a promo item that I don't think you can get other places, just through Scholastic.  cool, huh?

yes very cool! (i was about to whine about how unfair it is because i want HP promo stuff, but i'll try to act my age Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005 12:34:27 PM »

Holy OBLIVION BATMAN! 
I didn't even NOTICE the harry potter stickers!  I was so excited about everything, that must have overlooked them!  (oopsy!)
That IS really awesome. HP  Promo stickers... I feel so special!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
Writer78
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005 01:04:18 PM »

(i was about to whine about how unfair it is because i want HP promo stuff, but i'll try to act my age Tongue)

Oh, I never act mine, so don't worry about it!   Wink  I only wish I had HP stuff for everyone who wants it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2005 06:07:22 PM »

i recieved jewelry from orange sunset today!  it is sooo pretty!  she sent me a necklace, bracelet, and earrings that all match!  they are so professional and adorable!  green and sparkly!  so pretty! thank you so much orange sunset!  i will try to post pictures soon!  Kiss
angie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

orange_sunset

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2005 06:34:27 PM »

Yay! I've got pictures too, resizing them and then I'll post a few as well Smiley
I'm glad you like them Taloola!

Edit: Alright, here are a few of the pictures I took, the rest are on my gallery (the picture hosting for craftster!)

The necklace (it's blurry Sad)

Earrings

Bracelet (blah on the blurry)

and a close up of the snowflake quartz rounds that I used on all of the pieces, just bacuse I love these beads so much!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005 07:24:34 PM by orange_sunset » THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2005 07:56:54 PM »

your pics are way better than mine!  but i have a swingy earring pic...blurry, but swingy! 

and the necklace!

my pictures obviously dont do this set justice!  it is beautious!  (and so far i am not allergic to the posts!)...i am sooo happy to have them!!!  orange sunset, you're so wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Dry-Skin Saving Recipe
BCBG MaxAzria NYFW Fall 2014 - Interviews & Runway
How to Look Effortlessly Cool Like Kristen Stewart
Madonna to Launch Skincare Line in Japan
The Model Behind MD
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...