A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halifax?  (Read 29273 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aura
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2005 06:47:17 PM »

Hey All!

Been a lukerer on and off a little bit for awhile... I never saw this thread before, but when I saw it I finally signed up to get involved!

I lived in Hali much of my life, but been crafting all of it! (Hurray for having a crafty mom!) Currently I live up north, but I shall be moving back to Hali come Jan for school (MSVU) I really want to get involved when I get back, so I thought it'd be cool to start getting to know you ladies now!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlings
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2005 08:04:00 PM »

hey halifax craftsters, I just wanted to make sure that you all know about our new knitting and needlework store on Barrington St, across from Loomis & Toles and just up the block from Junk & Foibles (a lot of &s in that neighbourhood!).

We're partnered with the Mud Room, and we've created a space where you can hang out and knit, learn new techniques and pick up some great yarn and supplies. We opened on Tuesday and so far the response has been really great. Drop in and say hi and let us know what you think!

Mimi

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cbass

You can bet your balls it's Neil Diamond!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2005 05:33:55 PM »

Hello Haligonian Crafters!
Is the Halifax S&B sesh strictly for those who are knitting or could I come by with my various other craft projects and chill with you gals? Somehow I don't think anyone will mind, actually. I am new to the city and it would be nice to hang with peeps of the same interest. So,is Uncommon Grounds still the place?

Lemme know whats up and I look forward to meeting you all. 

c-bass
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluenail
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2005 06:09:19 AM »

Hello out there!

cbass - the SnB ladies are mostly knitters with the occasional crocheter (hi Morgan!), but they're a friendly bunch. I'm sure that if you showed up with any sort of crafty item, you'd be welcomed with open arms. And yes, it's still Wednesday nights at Uncommon Grounds, starting from 7:30 until 9:30-10ish. I'm pretty new to the city, and the SnB ladies have all been really friendly and welcoming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charles
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2006 07:54:33 PM »

the loop is wicked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
perilously_divine
Moi

Keep on Rock'n in the Craft World

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2006 06:54:15 AM »

i did not  know there was a snb around halifax.. what age groups go?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluenail
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2006 09:00:32 AM »

i did not  know there was a snb around halifax.. what age groups go?

I think our youngest is low 20s...and the oldest is about mid-40s? But the majority of us are smack-dab in the middle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strmtrprbthngst
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2006 10:41:43 AM »

I've been on craftster for ages and completely forgot to come and identify myself in the halifax thread, whoops! I also second (third?) the reccomendation for The Loop. I was in today agonizing over yarn, and I think next time I'll probably suck it up and buy felting needles as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clay Pants
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2006 01:53:27 PM »

Ooo a Halifax thread! Hi, I'm somewhat new to crafster, been living in Halifax for over 4 years now, and man I wish I found this when I first moved here - i had no idea where to go to get craft supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dirtybunny
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2006 08:13:13 PM »

Hello fabulous Halifax Craftster's!

I'm originally from Halifax  but moved to Montreal almost 6 years in persuit of fashion desgin and art! I'm going home next week for the summer (I'm tired of no beach during the hottest months of the year!). Can someone let me know if there are any new fabric stores open? My old sources there included Fabricville, Val' Village and an old home furnishing place off Spring Garden...I'm trying to avoid packing an entire suitcase of fabrics and misc pieces necessary to make bathing suits, bags and other pieces. Not to mention running all over Montreal looking for stretchy fabrics and metal hardware!

A million thanks, if I can help anyone out let me know! Please look for me at the Market starting the end of June.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kate Mara Talks Kate Young For Target
How to Dress Like Emma Watson at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards
What To Wear To 2013 Coachella Music Festival
5 Ways To Wear A Jean Jacket
Selena Gomez and Debby Ryan: Fashionistas
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...