A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halifax?  (Read 30159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lil_caro
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2005 11:05:31 AM »

hey Spinster, I went to KSA before coming to NSCAD. Nelson is great! it's such a unique and beautiful place. I took the first year fibre arts program, Maggie and Angelica are wonderful teachers. I really want to felt again, it's something that is focused on in first year.

I'm totalling going to the S n' B! I'll be there next week. Where is Victoria st?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spinster
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2005 07:13:51 AM »

lil_caro, i'd love to talk to you about ksa victori street is in the south end, and the coffee shop is at the base of a big apartment building. it's easy to find..

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lil_caro
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2005 10:15:39 AM »

Hey crafty people!

come to the Gottingen Street Summer Sidewalk Market and participate in the craft events put on by the eyelevelgallery starting Saturdays from July 23rd to August 13th.

Saturday July 23rd - Stitch & Bitch knitting party

Saturday July 30th - printed matter/bookmaking workshop

Saturday August 6th - arts & crafts sale

Saturday August 13th - fabric arts workshop

all events will take place outside of the eyelevelgallery at 2128 Gottingen st.

for any information please contact
Carolyn at publicrelations@eyelevelgallery.ca

hope to see you all there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
downeaster_alexa
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2005 10:57:17 AM »

blueblythe, I would definitely be interested in a general crafting club.

I have some good news. I posted ages ago that I suspected that we were going to get a Michael's here. I'm happy to report that I was correct. According to my friend, his company has been awarded contracts for a bunch of construction projects down in Bayer's Lake. One of them is Michael's! If I understood him correctly, it will be right by the new Old Navy that is going up at the bottom of the driveway that is between the movie theater and the furniture store (either Lazy Boy or a mattress place, I think).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
blueblythe
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2005 11:23:43 AM »

yippeee to Michaels!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd still love to do some kind of crafting club but my work schedule varies from week to week and some nights i work till 9 so I don't know how I could work it. Who ever is interested what times are best for you? I'd be happy to have people come over to my apartment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlings
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2005 11:45:21 AM »

Hey Halifax Craftsters, would any of you be interested in participating in a focus group about a proposed new knitting- and craft-related business in central Halifax?

The session would take place towards the end of the month. There would be a craft-related gift for all participants.

If you're interested, PM/IM or email me with your contact info (email, phone) and I'll forward it to the consultant who is organizing the session.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
downeaster_alexa
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2005 12:18:50 PM »

Evenings are good for me and afternoons on the weekend, blueblythe.

I'm definitely interested, starlings. I just sent you an e-mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lil_caro
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2005 08:38:21 AM »

Craft sale!

On Saturday August 6th eyelevelgallery will be hosting a craft sale. The event will be in conjuction with the Gottingen St Summer Market and will take place outside the gallery at 2128 Gottingen St.

if interested in selling work please contact Carolyn at 425-6412 or publicrelations@eyelevelgallery.ca

Hope to see you all there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brokenpencil
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2005 12:27:09 PM »

i'm in halifax as well..

I usually go to Walmart and Alantic Fabrics. (close to where i live) Their"cool" fabric is usually expensive..but once in a while you can find some cool stuff. I know alot of the time Fabricville has some stuf..and they just had a summer sale..which was nice. I Think they have some fabric at Value villige to. (not toattaly sure)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lil_caro
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2005 10:52:49 AM »

Hey everybody! come to the North End Stitch & Bitch and general crafting club starting this Thursday August 18 at 7 p.m. at the One World Cafe on Acricola St.

Hope to see you there!

Caro
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography Battery Tips
What Is Digital Photography?
The Rule of Thirds in Photography
Vertical Vs. Horizontal Photography
Selecting Image Quality on Your Digital Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...