A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: But solid foods are my favourite...! (aka. Goodbye Wisdom Teeth)  (Read 3296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mew
« on: May 27, 2004 07:46:40 PM »

I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out on the weekend, and well, I was wondering what else I could probably eat...

Right now I have ice cream, noodle soups, and more of that sort of thing. Though, I think I'll get kind of bored of those after a day or two. I've had friends suggest congee, but I cannot stand that stuff for the life of me (even as a little kid...).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftymichelle
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004 04:10:40 AM »

Hi, i read your post and it reminded me of when i had to be really careful about what i ate after having my braces readjusted{so painfull}.
If you like potatoes you could make cheese and potaoe pie it`s really easy.
you need to make a portion of mashed potatoes then add grated cheese and i normally add some chives ,cooked onions and sour cream.
Then put into a oven proof dish add more cheese on top and some bread crumbs then bake in the oven until warmed through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004 06:49:35 AM »

Ice cream and milkshakes are nice because they're cold and help numb the area, but here are some other suggestions:

scrambled eggs - make sure they're finely scrambled so you don't have to chew, you can add cheese (but don't add salt, that hurts!)

baby pasta - they're like tiny stars, you can cook those up and mix them with spaghetti sauce (that's what my daddy made for me when I got mine out, he's great!)

jello

You should be able to eat more real food after a few days, it doesn't last forever (it just feels like it)! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wealhtheow
if this isn't nice, what is?

ting-a-ling, you bastards!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004 07:19:04 AM »

I SO RELATE! I just had mine taken out 2 wks ago, and it was not fun. I reccommend Spicy V8 juice, cold cold Gatorade, and iced tea to help you not feel hungry. I wasn't really able to get a spoon in my mouth for several days because I was so swollen. Mashed potatoes are pretty easy to eat, as is jello (if you happen to like Jell-o), canned fruit,and graham crackers soaked in a little milk. I hope this helps, and I'm wishing for your quick recovery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookgirl
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004 07:52:54 AM »

My husband had two of his wisdoms pulled just a few weeks ago.  Shakes really were the greatest thing for the first two days.  We thickened them with ice cream, yogurt, honey, peanut butter -- anything to make them both more filling and nutritious.  DON'T USE A STRAW!!  The sucking will disturb the scabbing and it'll take you much longer to heal (sorry to be gross, but...) 

After two days, he was able to eat things like eggs (omelets and scrambled) and oatmeal and of course nice thick creamy soups, and then he was back to solid food, very carefully chewed.  We were both surprised by how quickly he recovered -- about five days -- and how minor the pain was (no painkillers after the first day and a half), and he's a terrible baby.  His face never swelled, either.  I hope that makes you feel more optimistic about the whole thing.  Good luck this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004 09:54:23 PM »

Ack!  I had all 4 out at once, but I did it years ago.  Nice cold yogurt, pudding, etc were good to me.  Throwing a bunch of frozen (or fresh) fruit in a blender with ice (or yogurt), a banana and some orange juice concentrate is a good way to get some good nutrients.  I know some people who eat babyfood fruits... 

Refried beans and mulligatawny soup or other mashed or pureed bean dishes are good ways to get proteiin untiil you're ready for firm meats again.  Of course, you might have a problem with the seasoning.  I didn't.

I was back at work less than 48 hours after my dentist visit, but only because I worked for my dad...  I worked that day through a hydrocodone haze and with my mouth have closed from swelling.  On that note, recover depends at least in part on how well you let yourself recover.  Don't get back into things too quickly or you could screw something up. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
mew
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004 11:26:18 PM »

Thanks everyone ^^

It's been only a day since I've had all 4 of them out, and I'm actually feeling pretty well. Only one of my cheeks is a little swollen, and the other one is absolutely fine... I spent the entire day yesterday  icing my cheeks with gel packs, eating smushed up popsicles in a bowl (I couldn't open my mouth far enough to actually eat any properly..)
I've also had some macaroni in soup (without chewing), some mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, avocados... all mushy kinds of food.

That, and lots and lots and lots of water...

Thankfully I've barely had any pain, though that could just be the Tylenol 3s ^_~

I've been mostly talking to my friend who also had his out, and he recovered in an astonishingly short time, without painkillers after the first day.. so I'm pretty optimistic right now. So I think I'll spend most of the weekend lazing around some more with some knitting, video games, and naps... Sweet sweet naps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ForevrBee
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004 05:13:37 PM »

Now it's my turn....

After a visit to the dentist today, I found out that I'm going to have my Wisdom teeth, plus two additonal ones in the upper back pulled, maybe next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
lstarr
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004 08:46:17 PM »

When I had my wisdom teeth out I had to take antibiotics and they upset my stomach so the dentist suggested yogurt which is good cause its not solid. I also ate a lot of soup and tiny croisants which are really soft.

My friends think I'm crazy when I tell them this but my mommy put wet washclothes in the freezer for me and they worked really well on my swollen cheeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Derrick's Website -- http://www.textbookexchange.ca
K8upL8
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004 08:54:33 PM »

Canned Ravioli- feels solid but ... it's not... LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple and Ham Eggs Benedict Recipe
The Missing Black Chefs
How to Make Authentic Texas BBQ
Fantastic Gluten Free Corn Hot Cakes
Emoo-Ving Story: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...