A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty Winter 2005  (Read 9094 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2005 03:43:30 PM »

Cables are so much easier than they appear. I was all wary of them, but as soon as I tried them out I was like "wow, what was I afraid of?"

I sound very blonde in the morning. >_<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
francie pants
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2005 04:02:23 PM »

i'm in love with Bobb!!  its like an easier version of the huge shrug i was gonna make from the last interweave.  i love that it looks so cozy.  but i'm wondering how practical it is in frigid wisconsin.  i mean, sure, my arms will be toasty.  but if i plan to go out anywhere, i couldn't sport it there cuz my actual body would not be warm enough and i wouldn't want to wear something bulky and actually warm underneath it.  hmmm but i also love that she made it from uber cheap jiffy yarn!!! i could make it for less that 20 bucks!!!!!!!!!!  damn all those christmas projects i still need to finish!!!!!!! but at least the little pocket monsters are a great idea of how to use up the ungodly bright soft acrylic yarns i bought to make my nieces' rock star armwarmers.... i bet the yuppies would buy those by the dozen at my coffee shop.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2005 04:34:32 PM »

Cables are fun.  I've been knitting an Irish Hiking Scarf when I'm between other projects, and it's my first time with cables.

I am so knitting Danica...and the Pocket Creatures...and Mrs. Beeton...but especially Danica.  Before now, I've only been mildly interested in actually making most of the Knitty stuff, but I can't wait to work on this.  I'd try Tubey, but I still have a fear of commitment as far as sweaters are concerned (I tried Jesse's Flames from SnB Nation, but ended up ripping out the few inches I had and turning the yarn into wristwarmers).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2005 05:05:52 PM »

cables are SO not scary!! I was *terrified* of them, they're easy as hell. Try it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aria
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2005 09:12:28 PM »

but if i plan to go out anywhere, i couldn't sport it there cuz my actual body would not be warm enough and i wouldn't want to wear something bulky and actually warm underneath it. 

well just wear it inside then?  I'm in much warmer weather than you but I'm always cold on my upper half in the house because I like to crawl under throws (but knitting crocheting or surfing the internet brings your poor upper half out into the cold, LOL)

Anyway I think I've about convinced myself even though I'm still not sure of the bobbles... if it was another decorative stitch I think I wouldn't have much trouble, but the bobbles kind of are lovely and ugly at the same timre to me...but its so great to find something with a cheaper yarn (and it seems like such a great beginner project for me)

I'll probably convince myself by the time I could start on it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2005 04:07:13 AM »

I am so envious of you knitters Grin  This edition of Knitty has loads of things I'd love to make in it.  I'm in love with Tubey, and bobbalicious,and I love the idea of dicerolling to make Chaos.

Last time I tried to learn to knit it all went wrong.  I can crochet now, so I'm ging to have another go at learning in the new year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2005 11:14:10 AM »

I'm still thinking I like Bobblicious. I'm kind of a yarn snob and am thinking about choosing something a little bit nicer than the yarn it calls for.

Francie Pants- Which shrug were you eyeing from IK?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

francie pants
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2005 01:32:38 PM »

i've been wanting to make this one

imagine my shock when i found it being mocked on youknitwhat LOLOL
http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_youknitwhat_archive.html

its like a cabled and knobbed version
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shoegazer
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2005 02:10:24 PM »

Holy crap! Thats like the funniest knitting site ever. Where, or how did you stumble onto it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2005 03:54:01 PM »

i don't know if i stumbled on it somewhere here on craftster or if it was something sent on the madison stitch'n'bitch email list.  but its become a constant source of joy for me.  my dh is constantly drug into the computer room to see what i'm laughing at.  the fun fur atrocities she finds are hilarious  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Al Gore Talks About Our Choice
Charles R. Smith Jr. Reveals His Most Noticeable Trait
Anne Canadeo Talks About While My Pretty One Knits
Indigo King Book Trailer
The Secret to Teen Power Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...