A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beaded Creatures!  (Read 7713 times)
Tags for this thread: spider , fish , koala , tutorial_link  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moobaa
« on: May 27, 2004 01:30:14 AM »

OK, If this takes a while to load sorry but do stick around it will be worth the wait (well i think so anyway)  Grin

OK to start we have my beaded spiders, shown with an Aussie 50c and a US Quarter for scale.......

Well.... what do you think.
Now we have my cute little Koala, he lives in Scotland now, took his mate the Kangaroo with him (never got a pic of him I don't think  Sad ) he stands about 1 1/2 inches high, just adorable!

And now we have my fish.... I couldn't get the light right for these guys so they're colour is washed away, they are bright blues and green, they look really cool!

Well what do you guys think!?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your just jealous cause the voices only want to talk to me!
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004 06:55:08 AM »

You are sooo incredibly talented!!!  The spiders are so cool!
Are you selling these creatures online somewhere?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
Christie

"Smell the flowers while you can." U2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004 07:24:33 AM »

Oh I love them all!!!  They are absoulutely fantastic!  Do you sell them somewhere?  You should if you don't already.  I LOVE the fish!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.chiquitasbonitas.com
Cool, Chic, Crochet Fashion
tinfoil
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004 08:14:17 AM »

they're adorable, and i love the spiders!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VoodooToaster
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004 08:25:44 AM »

I'm astonished - do you sell those!?!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004 12:58:25 PM »

my mom use to make spiders like that and put them in our xmas tree, it had some poem that went along with it but I cant remember what it said..please post a tute, for the spiders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
girlieface
toot if you like candy...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004 02:16:21 PM »

These are so dear!  You're like a beadster extraordinarie Wink  I especially like the fishies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girlieface
your one-stop shop spot for all things DIY and full of girlie goodness
Crafty Jule
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004 03:31:44 PM »

Those are AWESOME! A freind of mine is getting married Halloween weekend, those would be incredble favors for the wedding!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinky LaRoo
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004 04:39:04 PM »

oooooh........ those spiders gave me the willies!!!!   Shocked    excellent work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moobaa
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004 08:58:57 PM »

I had wanted to do 3D bead work for ages and couldn't find any sites to teach me until rather by accident I stumbled across this site... YOU REALY MUST CHECK IT OUT!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mk.perles/indexfr.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2B%2522http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mk.perles/indexfr.htm%2522%26num%3D50%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26newwindow%3D1%26sa%3DG%26as_qdr%3Dall

the spiders are my variation of a pattern that can be found at the above site.
If you wanted to do my spiders heres how... (Purple looks GREAT)

I use 28g bead wire and I use bugles and seeds for the legs, looks creepier.
Follow the directions for Spider2 (at the above site) until you get to the 3rd set of legs. put on the 3rd set of legs then put your jewel on then do the top row. now depending on how big your jewel is you'll have to play around with the number beads in each row. you want to beads to be snug around the jewel or it will move.
So you go 3rd legs, jewel, top row, bottom row, 4th legs, top row, bottom row and your done.

I personally HATE SPIDERS!!!!! I was creeped out for days after making those!  Grin
I sell them at my local craft market for $6 Aussie

I have seen different christmas spider patterns around, I can't rememeber when the poem is but there is one out there somewhere.
Heres the christmas spider legend...

On Christmas eve, a long time ago, a gentle mother was busily cleaning the house for the most wonderful day of the year... Christmas day, the day on which the little Christ child came to bless the house. Not a speck of dust was left. Even the spiders had been banished from their cozy corner on the ceiling. They had fled to the farthest corner of the attic.

The Christmas tree was beautifully decorated. The poor spiders were frantic, for they could not see the tree, nor be present for the little Christ child's visit. Then the oldest and wisest spider suggested that perhaps they could wait until everyone went to bed and then get a closer look.

When the house was dark and silent, the spiders crept out of their hiding place. When they neared the Christmas tree, they were delighted with the beauty of it. The spiders crept all over the tree, up and down, over the branches and twigs and saw every one of the pretty things.

The spiders loved the Christmas tree. All night long they danced in the branches, leaving them covered with spider webs. In the morning, when the little Christ child came to bless the house, he was dismayed! He loved the little spiders for they were God's creatures, but he knew the mother, who had worked so hard to make everything perfect, would not be pleased when she saw what the spiders had done.

With love in his heart and a smile on his lips, the little Christ child reached out and gently touched the spider webs. The spider webs started to sparkle and shine! They had all turned into sparkling, shimmering silver and gold.

According to legend, ever since this happened, people have hung tinsel on their Christmas trees. It has also become a custom to include a spider among the decorations on the Christmas tree.

Heres the site where that came from and theres also a pattern to make a spider there too.

http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/treeornaments/l/blxspidorn.htm

So far to date I've made spiders and scorpions by the dozen, a koala, a kangaroo, ladybugs, dogs, tigers, birds, scarab beetle, turtle, crabs, fish. You get hooked!

OK, I can't give you the pattern for the Fishies but you can buy it at Bead and Button... sooooooooo slow to load! I can give you hint though, the fish are done in tubular peyote.

http://www.beadandbutton.com/bnb/default.aspx?c=a&id=397

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your just jealous cause the voices only want to talk to me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kelly Osbourne & Shay Mitchell Offer Up Their Best Beauty Tips
How to Make Your Own Makeup Remover
How to Create the Perfect Smokey Eye in 5 Minutes
Beauty Products To Keep You Smelling & Looking Radiant As You Travel
Twiggy Inspired Sixties Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...