A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cute handbags made out of wrappers! <3  (Read 43757 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gina At the Disco
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2006 07:25:43 AM »

all right i feel seriously stupid....i cant even make the chain! i tried and tried and it took for ever to get an inch of it and then it all fell apart Cry!  anyonw have any tips?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

listen to the music playing in your head
Afosofa
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2006 07:16:44 PM »

if the chains are held together by string, do we make many single looooooooonnnnng chains and when they are all together by strings...do we fold the long chain into a square? you know what i mean? or do we make each side of teh purse separate?

thanx!
Sophia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owl be there
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2006 06:15:36 PM »

"poisenedcupcake" cna u explain how u did that??im so confused!?!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplerose
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2006 06:51:40 PM »

I'm kicking myself, because when I was down in Mexico a week ago, these were all over the place and I didn't buy one.  Argh!!  Well, I'm going back next year...  If I can't figure it out by then, here's hoping they still have them!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
a deathgrip on yesterday
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2006 07:16:13 PM »

Right now everyone is trying to figure out how to make it and people are sewing the chains together but what everyone is doing right now is working with a straight strip I'm trying to make one right now and its kind of hard. I'm making strips and going to sew them together but getting sides and a bottom is the hard part. I'm thinking of just making rings out of the long strips and then when you attach the bottom it will make it shape into a rectangle. My only problem is trying to make the strips into rings. any one have any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
-steps-
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2006 07:51:29 PM »

I'm not sure how you'd be able to turn them into rings.  I don't think there is any way to attach anything to the beginning of the chain once you start it.
I know there has been proof that this is a method of doing it, but I still think there must be another way,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
toomuchrock

Just another day in suburbia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2006 08:09:09 PM »

Right now everyone is trying to figure out how to make it and people are sewing the chains together but what everyone is doing right now is working with a straight strip I'm trying to make one right now and its kind of hard. I'm making strips and going to sew them together but getting sides and a bottom is the hard part. I'm thinking of just making rings out of the long strips and then when you attach the bottom it will make it shape into a rectangle. My only problem is trying to make the strips into rings. any one have any ideas?

i just use a glue stick, it holds up pretty well.

I also modpodge the whole thing when done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft, Therefor I Rock!

toomuchrock.etsy.com

MOOLA! It amazes me
Never heard of Moola? PM me or click the link for More details.
bobead22
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2006 05:34:25 AM »

Hello I am new to this group but I have been working with recycled potato chip bags for about a year. I have found the material to be strong and beautiful. Some other materials I have tried working with are freezer paper and the outer covering of old dog food bags. The freezer paper works beautifully and is fairly strong and has a plastic surface on one side, if you make this the outer surface of your chain link, it should make it water resistant. The Reynolds variety can be purchased at the grocery store. The outer  surface of dog food bags works well also, it has a thinner layer of palstic coating on it. One of the important things to remember here is you need a lot of material to work with to make  purses.

If you are trying to  make a circle out of your chain make sure that the first link has two feet. When you put your second link thru your first link you can slide it up towards the head of the first unit or towards its  2 feet. When you make a link there are the  three last folds you make. These are the folds I am talking about. If you turn the first unit on it's side you will see it is shaped like a capital a "A" The  top of the a ( the head) is the first of the last three folds and the feet are the second and last of  the three folds. When you put the feet of your second unit thru the first unit slide the second unit up towards the head of the first unit.(This can only be done when you begin you chain). This will allow you to connect the first unit (the feet) to the very last unit of your chain (thru the side of the feet).

To learn how to make these purses please buy a small one and look at it. there are many things you have to learn and this is the best way to go. The small purses are available on ebay for 9 to 15 dollars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
a deathgrip on yesterday
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2006 10:52:06 AM »

Wow bobead22 that was very confusing I kinda understand what your saying but I make my chains slightly different that most people I think I figured out a way to hook it together but I'm using small peices of magazine pages instead of candy wrappers (because I dont eat a whole lot of packaged food or candy)  my strips are kind of thick and it makes the chain tighter than using starburst wrappers I found a way to make it into a loop but because I had to work with it so much the colours from the paper wore off
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fionahamstern
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2006 01:27:29 PM »

i have been searching the web to find instructions on this. i find lots of things that seem right, but no tutorials:
hobo art, prison art, ancient mayan binding technique, mexican paper weaving, papuela, tejido. i hope this will help somehow.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Solitaire
How to Fool About Whilst Being Pursued
How to Choose a TV Fan Site
How to Advertise Your Band on Myspace
How to Get a Show Back on the Air
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...