A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY craft kit swap round II (SIGNUP CLOSED! ; MAIL BY 1/30/06).  (Read 18218 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2005 03:53:25 PM »

Oh! I just had a thought! Grin I could do a collage/decopage kit & fill it with really cool paper from Japan. Everyday stuff like pamphlets & special stuff like washi. Wadda ya reckon?

Or stuff to do an altered book! Even the book would be japanese! Man, I use a lot of these: !!!!! I can't help it! I'm so excited! It's how it sounds in my head. Do ya reckon we can revise our lists? Do we need to PM again? SO EXCITED! Grin

lol just send me a PM on what you would like to update. I know how it is to change your mind after brainstorming.

we have in progress in our profiles already? i thought you shouldnt give feedback until the swap has actually started.. what if someone had to withdrawl

I wonderd about this. In the instructions it says that you can mark them as in progress once a person has been approved for the swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2005 01:23:11 AM »

Oh! I just had a thought! Grin I could do a collage/decopage kit & fill it with really cool paper from Japan. Everyday stuff like pamphlets & special stuff like washi. Wadda ya reckon?

Or stuff to do an altered book! Even the book would be japanese! Man, I use a lot of these: !!!!! I can't help it! I'm so excited! It's how it sounds in my head. Do ya reckon we can revise our lists? Do we need to PM again? SO EXCITED! Grin

Poppy's mum - you've convinced me.  I've been umming and aaahing about this swap, and the possibility of learning either decoupage or altered books and JaneDoe's statement have made me feel a whole lot better.  Rereading the thread, there's so many crafts I'd love to learn to do.

I'm going to sign up, and the things I reckon I can make are:

* Learn to Crochet kit, probably with a hat as the FO, maybe amigurumi animals if I can do one by then.
* Circle skirt kit, I'd need to know some info from the recipient for this one.
* Greetings cards kit - for general ocasions - blank cards.  Sadly I have no pictures of the style I can do, as they are all on my old hard drive, and I've not done any for a while.

I'm in the UK.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2005 01:59:49 AM »

Maybe if we ambush lady4feet we could ask to be partners purpleheather. Watcha think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleHeather
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2005 02:07:33 AM »

*grins*  Sure - that sounds good to me - do you want to learn anything from my list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2005 12:40:44 PM »

Maybe if we ambush lady4feet we could ask to be partners purpleheather. Watcha think?

ambush away...but seriously if any of you guys have a preference on who you would like to learn from let me know. It's not a guarantee or anything but I will take it in to consideration.

We have about 15 more days left for sign ups...I'm getting very impatient I must say, lol the punishment for a long sign up period.

The approved list has been updated, please go check to make sure that you're on it. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2005 01:40:17 PM »

i signed up today. im SUPER excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2005 04:12:44 PM »

*grins*  Sure - that sounds good to me - do you want to learn anything from my list?

Well I can't crochet so that'd be good, although a circle skirt would be great too... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2005 06:25:10 PM »

My list that I can make is even less creative then everyone combined!!!!

Yikes.  I better do some serious new learning!  

Any--who....I can do:

**Embrodiery (my fav)
**Simple jewelry
**Crochet
**Knitting
**Needle Felting (I have been obsessed lately...my mind is whirling with this)
**Simple Quilting

I really could work something else out too.  All it takes is a little research and some energy to experiment.

snack on!  

Oooo...I forgot....I would love to create a how to a felted knitted goodies kit.  

i REALLY want a needle felting kit out of this deal...it would make my heart grow three sizes (just like el grincho).

kits i can make
(offered on questionaire)
knitting (basic to a bit more advanced eg. round, dpns)
embroider
(not)
notebook such as this
sewn bags or other small projects

and id really really like to get either a...
neelde felting kit
or
spinning kit

and i have ooone other question......
are we expected to make a kinda "kit pak" or a cool holder for everything? sorry if that was already answered, i kinda just blew through the first few pages.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 07:55:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
craftykate
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2005 06:56:20 PM »

oh I want to join so bad. Do I have time? I'll have to ponder this for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
lady4feet
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2005 10:32:23 PM »

[and i have ooone other question......
are we expected to make a kinda "kit pak" or a cool holder for everything? sorry if that was already answered, i kinda just blew through the first few pages.

You know I think you may be the first one to bring this up. You can put your kit in whatever your little crafty heart desires in my opinion
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Filter Bar in Lightroom 2
How to Integrate Lightroom 2 with Photoshop.
How to Use Keywords in Lightroom 2
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 3
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...