A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Pride Swap Gallery!!  (Read 28948 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005 07:02:48 AM »

Thanks and wow this stuff is AMAZING guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
Oops Creations
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2005 07:55:19 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/42879Geek_Swap_12_2005.JPG

Lexbean received her package and I'm able to post the picture.

As a classical violinist I thought she might enjoy the large vase with Rennaisance Paintings of Violinist (okay Lutes, but close enough)  I also created these four tiny bud vases (also ORANGE) with details of violin parts.  Do you get the feeling her fav color is orange???

Lexbean also admitted to having a large sticker collection and I provided her a Orange Binder to decorate with her favorite stickers.  Also some word puzzles (because she has said she is obsessed).

Finally as a Teacher I'm sure she could appreciate a few more office supplies and a nifty COMPUTER FLOPPY DISK pencil holder (five 3.5 disks glued together with edging detail from computer parallel printer cables.)

Also some quick bookmarks in woven computer wire and images to match her vases.

Finally Keyboard magnets spelling out her name. (WOOT! for keyboard key art)

Apologies for small photo of everything globbed together-- mental note to self to take multiple photos of things.

And happily everything arrived in one piece--- I really loaded up on the bubble wrap.... yeah bubble wrap

Glad you liked it Lexbean and I hope everyone else enjoyed looking at what I've done to blend my geeky style (computers) with Lexbean's geeky style (music)

Happy Crafting
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011 08:16:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
Leylia

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2005 11:30:39 AM »

I LOVE MY STUFF!!!

As I mentioned to Coyotelady, my husband has just about claimed that frog as his own (he can't have it, it's mine!), and the little dress and baby clothes are ADORABLE.  The WASD pin is hilarious, and the iron-on transfers are fantastic!!!

You have no idea how thrilled I am to be able to put Phunbaba (see my icon) on any item of clothing I want.  Now, I just have to decide... Undecided

Everything was so great, and I'm a tiny bit nervous about the stuff I sent - I didn't send nearly as many items as everyone else did, but I hope she likes them anyway.  This was an AWESOME first swap, and I'm REALLY EXCITED!!

Thank you, thank you Shotgun_Bettie.  You are the best!  Oh, and as soon as I get home and grab my receipt I'll send you that DC number.  Sorry I forgot to send it to you yesterday when I shipped.  I've been something of a basketcase these days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kindness isn't dead.  Promise.

R.I.P. Brett (1982-2007)
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2005 01:12:23 PM »

Wow you're doing better than me.. I don't think I could find my @ss with both hands and a flashlight let alone game and craft while I was pregnant.. lol

Oops Creations that stuff is AMAZING..
I love that vase.. it turned out sooo pretty.. *covet* I too love orange though.. lol
and I uhm.. might have to >>>borrow<<< that floppy disc idea Wink thats so cool.. (yup I'm a geek I just showed somebody going.. 'ISN'T THAT THE COOLEST SHIT?')
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005 01:14:41 PM by Shotgun_Bettie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
tattooed_dork

physics makes us all it's bitches

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2005 03:40:17 PM »

and I uhm.. might have to >>>borrow<<< that floppy disc idea Wink thats so cool.. (yup I'm a geek I just showed somebody going.. 'ISN'T THAT THE COOLEST SHIT?')

yeah, that was my EXACT reaction, shotgun_bettie. yay for open-source crafting! Cheesy

eeek! we SO need a second round of this, once everyone's recooperated that is Smiley my geeky happiness is overflowing! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2005 05:20:58 PM »

It would be great to have another geek pride swap.  I think some people didn't join because it was close to the holidays.  Maybe after December we can set up another swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6, Chunky Houses Halloween 5, Fall/Character Ninni Swap,
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005 05:56:22 PM »

Another round would be great!

That frog was the cutest thing ever! And i too covet the disk container idea as my brother has lots of computer parts hanging around that i could recycle (and declutter at the same time). Wink

I couldn't quite see the computer wire bookmarks though... I wonder how they work... sounds interesting.

I am totally swap addicted now!  Grin  I await my package eagerly jan_on_ice! (and a little impatiently  Wink can't wait, can't wait!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2005 06:53:33 PM »

Wow!  So much cool stuff.  I really like the geeky frog, and the geek cardigan is a beauty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2005 09:34:35 PM »

the geek cardigan is a beauty!

I know! Even though I love summer, I wish it was a bit cooler so I could wear it! Hmmmm.... maybe it will cool down a little tonight *fingers crossed*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2005 09:36:52 PM »

That cardigan is a beauty and let me tell you, if it had been in my size.... well... lets just say your swap package would have been a little smaller! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Whole Wheat Waffle Recipe
How To Make Cheesy Beef Pizza
How To Make Gluten Free Flatbread
How to Make Last Supper Tarragon Peas with Carla Hall
How to Make Veggie Jambalaya
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...