A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Pride Swap Gallery!!  (Read 28643 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2005 04:14:53 PM »

Who hasn't received?  Just wondering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2005 04:20:23 PM »

My DC says it arrived there today, I hope my partner likes her things! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2005 04:25:04 PM »

Loobylashes and I are swapping from the UK to Canada so ours might take a week or two Sad I'm hoping since it's Xmas the mail will be a little more speedy with more workers.. I can't wait to fondle all my geeky stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2005 04:45:21 PM »

I thought having jan_on_ice love the goodies I sent was great, but receiving your first swap package is even better!!!!

I was about to leave the house when the postal-lady came to the door with my package! I could just plotz! My geeky goodies had arrived! I was so excited I did a little dance down the hallway, through the kitchen, into the lounge room and back out into the hallway again. Then I stood outside the bathroom (where my sis was brushing her teeth)  jumping up and down yelling "Look! Look what I got!" Shocked

So, Look what I got!:

This is the Fraggle bag she sent which may look a little bulgy as I am already using it and it is full of my stuff! Its so cute and it has handy pockets with cute Fraggles on it! I love Fraggle Rock!

I got a very handy "Geek Pride" magnet which lives on my fridge now. And holds up my poopy bills... at least the magnet makes me smile even if the bills suck...

I also received these fabulous coasters that were geeky in the most 80's way possible! And the best part is that my friend had just been visiting days earlier and was appalled that I didn't have any coasters! And now I have the BEST coasters EVER!  Shocked  Check it out:

From the top left hand corner: that's  MacGyver and it says "All you need is love...but a little duct tape couldn't hurt", then there's the cast of Parker Lewis Can't Lose, then its Punky Brewster, below her are the Mythbusters,, then going back left again there's Ferris Bueller and the A-Team.How cool is that?  Grin

But wait there was more stuff!

Those are my own geeky glasses but the glasses case with the geek pride motif, the chain for the glasses that says "geek" and four-eyes" in beads (which I think is hilarious!  Cheesy ), the hairclips and earrings that express my respect fro Joss Whedon and disappointment in George Lucas ( I <3 Lucas Joss) and the mighty Joss sew-on patch that reads "Joss is my master now" in Jedi-type font are all fantastically creative geeky goodies from jan_on_ice!

I am wearing the eyeglasses chain right now! Here's a close up of he chain so you can see how damned cute it is!

And yet there was more!

Here is the handy notebook with pen for hanging near the TV so I can note down those witty one-liners that I adore so much. You never know when you can quote those back at somebody... and then there's the handy little pocketknife pouch for my Swiss Army pocketknife, which has "What would MacGyver do?" written on it, and if it looks bulgy, thats because my pocketknife is already at home in there! It is so tiny and cute! And the cutest of all is the tiny little Yoda head Christmas tree ornament! Oh Puh-lease! As if this will ever make it to my tree! Its going to hang on my car's rearview mirror so I can see it everyday! Cheesy Also I have to check on it periodically because my brother covets it something fierce! (and I can't crochet so its even more special!) I Love Love LOVE it!

I have to show you just how tiny and cute the pocketknife pouch is:

Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? (Well, apart from Yoda)

I am so glad you included the Yoda at the last minute jan_on_ice, especially since I can't crochet!
Thanks kousagi, Shotgun Bettie and jan_on_ice! You made my first swap a really fun, hassle-free experience! (Er, except for the unavoidable Great Craftster Meltdown of '06).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011 08:15:12 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2005 04:50:23 PM »

Wow , I have to say that stuff is absolutely amazing... you hauled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooed_dork

physics makes us all it's bitches

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2005 05:05:53 PM »

you should hear what they ask when you went to strings camp and play the cello. Shocked

ooh... i think my bandgeekiness remembers this punchline... something about doing it in a chair with your legs spread? Tongue

hee hee... band geek jokes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2005 06:22:27 PM »

Yay! I'm glad you liked everything geek-pride!!
Your MacGyver knife is so cute! I want one...

I wish I had known you'd love Yoda so much - I would have crocheted the rest of his body too! Hopefully we'll be in another swap together and I can crochet you Darth Vader and R2D2 as well... It will be the Star Wars Geek Swap... Whoo!! Lets do it!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2005 06:53:50 PM »

Yeah! I'll be in on that! Or any geek swap, really... Yay! YODA! Cheesy

Pity its so hard to recreate Chewie.. otherwise I would totally do it.
Geek character dolls are so much fun. I am learning to knit little Jean Greenhowe type dolls so I can do one for swaps I am in.

I am trying to find a way to do the "I <3 geek boys" t-shirt just incase there is another swap. My last one was disasterous because the trasnfer stuff made all the dark colours bleed  Embarrassed

And as for the band geeks... do you string-instrument-geeks hear jokes about G-strings a lot?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2005 07:45:55 PM »

I received today and my stuff is awesome! I got a fantastic lap blanket with the symbol of the rebel alliance from Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith magnetic poetry, and a spiffy Buffy journal hurah! I'll try to post pics soon but I'm slightly bogged down by exam week. Aschnebly, you should be getting your stuff in 3 to 5 days, I hope you like it!

yeag, playing the flute and being in bad camp can be soooooooooooo annoying. Eveyone thinks they're original
Imagine being in color guard *headshake*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2005 09:49:37 PM »

...must...see.... the rebel...alliance... lap.. blanket... or.. will.. .die..

I'll take a picture of my xmas tree soon and you'll understand what kind of a star wars geek I am at my house Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Combat Thinning Hair
Hair With Hollie: Anne Hathaway Short Hair
How To Rock The Heidi Roll Style This Spring
How To Make A Beaded Wedding Hair Accessory
How to Get a Kiera Knightly-Inspired Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...