A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Pride Swap Gallery!!  (Read 29363 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005 07:14:28 PM »

There are pictures of the CD necklace received for one of the swaps on page two of the thread. Its made from CDs  (old/damaged ones I hope) put into the microwave, cut up and then baked in the oven too.

Its pretty!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leylia

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005 08:03:38 PM »

Okay...that JTHM shirt is sexy as hell.  Jhonen Vasquez is sort of a god in our house.  I'm a Squee fan, myself.

And I agree that this is the coolest swap ever.  I cannot wait to see what everyone else gets, although I'm becoming increasingly self-conscious about the stuff I sent.  I hope it's as cool as all this stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kindness isn't dead.  Promise.

R.I.P. Brett (1982-2007)
tattooed_dork

physics makes us all it's bitches

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005 08:55:15 PM »

i'm glad it's a tank top. i need more of those than i do tee shirts. maybe not this time of year, but Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005 11:29:01 PM »

geek-pride you are the best!!! I recieved your amazing package today (so fast! I didn't even know you had sent!) and am in geeky heaven!

Here are pictures of the wonderful geeky goodies (try not to get too jelous!)

Everything (except a cute little Care Bear she sent me, because she's hanging out with all my other 80's toys):
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/6442geekpride.jpg
There are these cute tags on everything with pretty unicorn stickers (I love unicorns!).

Cute little bag (and yes, it suits my tastes perfectly), her letter (with lots of unicorn stickers) and Wonder Woman power bracelets and headband!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/6442geekpride_ww.jpg
The power bracelets apparently don't deflect bullets, but I know she's just tricking.

Fluffy 50's sweatergirl-style cardigan with "Geek" written on it in ribbon (I absolutely love this! I can't wait to get my catseye glasses done so I can wear this with them!)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/6442geekpride_cardy.jpg

A t-shirt with Beaker (I love Beaker!) and the words "Science Geek", and a t-shirt with a diagram and poem of a paramecium (heehee, it's funny)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/6442geekpride_tess.jpg

A t-shirt with a pin-up girl holding a globe with the words "The world is my oyster - I studied Marine Biology"
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/6442geekpride_tee.jpg
Heehee... I didn't want to take it off.

OMG!! I almost had a mental breakdown trying to decide which tee to I'm gonna wear to work, but finally decided on the pin-up girl. I have already been Wonder Woman-ing around the house that I think people are starting to get worried!

Thanks so much geek_pride. I absolutely love everything to pieces!

I did have your package finished, but decided to make you one more thing tonite so my package is almost as cool as yours. I will send tomoro. Thanks again!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 10:28:21 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005 01:45:33 AM »

Whew! I was worried! I didn't know if I'd interpreted your tastes quite right jan_on_ice.

So glad you liked it!  Grin  I suspected the Wonder Woman stuff and the sweater girl cardy would hit the spot. The t-shirts I was a bit iffy about.
I'm so glad you liked the marine biology pin-up girl! I made up the awful pun myself....  Roll Eyes

It was my first foray into transfers and I went a little overboard... Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CosmicCranberry
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005 06:38:12 AM »

this stuff is soo cool!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jan_on_ice

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005 01:12:42 PM »

Whew! I was worried! I didn't know if I'd interpreted your tastes quite right jan_on_ice.

So glad you liked it!  Grin  I suspected the Wonder Woman stuff and the sweater girl cardy would hit the spot. The t-shirts I was a bit iffy about.
I'm so glad you liked the marine biology pin-up girl! I made up the awful pun myself....  Roll Eyes

Yes, you hit me right on the nail. Everything is perfectly me!
I just hope you like what I made you. I added a little something last minute so it's not wrapped up with the rest of the stuff and will be posting today. I'll let you know when I have.
And heehee, that marine biology pun is the best pun in the world! I can't wait to show my geeky marine bio friends, they'll be so jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005 07:20:27 PM »

omg *just oogles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
jan_on_ice

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005 10:12:12 PM »

omg *just oogles*

I know... that's kinda all I can do too!

I sent your package today geek_pride, so start checking you mailbox in 4-10 working days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
Coyotelady
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005 03:32:43 AM »

Leylia recieved my package yesterday and asked if I had any pics....so here they are.  Cheesy

The geekiest frog ever Wink

A WASD pin.  RPG's anyone?

A goodie for her little girl and some extra transfers for Leylia.  My fiance's sister is expecting and he now wants me to make her a maternity shirt that says "Loading...Please wait" also...hehe.

Some little shirts for her little one on the way.  I was tickled with the "LFM - Looking for Milk" shirt. My fiance and his friend think I had lost it, I think, but they just didn't get it...hehe.  I was shocked at how many guys I knew didn't know "LFM", but then they all play SWG and it just doesn't have a grouping system like some of the other games I've played.

I just had so much fun with this swap.  I think it was the best ever.  Thank you Shotgun_Bettie for organizing it.  You've been the best. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Fishtail Braid
How to Do Casual Beach Braids
How to Do a Heidi Braid Aka Goddess or Renaissance Braid
How to Do a Twist Braid or Rope Braid
How to Do a French Braided Bang
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...