A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 301,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
339 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Pride Swap Gallery!!  (Read 29633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2005 09:28:53 AM »

I got an awesome package today, areally cool tote that has a felt 42 on it and a don't panic notebook along with a silly pun poster.  I just love it all, I'll take pics and post asap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2005 12:15:58 PM »

Booooooo... I hate it when people back out on swaps.  It happened to someone in the last swap I was in.  I think there should be a rule if you're a perpetual flaker then you should be banned from participating in swaps.  Or SOMETHING should happen, not just a bad rating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2005 02:40:35 PM »

Booooooo... I hate it when people back out on swaps.  It happened to someone in the last swap I was in.  I think there should be a rule if you're a perpetual flaker then you should be banned from participating in swaps.  Or SOMETHING should happen, not just a bad rating.
True flakers suck, but it seems like in this case she didn't actually flake. She realized she wouldn't be able to handle the swap so she took herself out and told her partner and Shotgun_Bettie, which is definitely what people should do if they need to leave a swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2005 03:15:33 PM »

I don't know if I'll ever have pics of my stuff (to do it I need to go on a seperate computer which is hard to get at and always in use...etc) so I'll describe what i got:
~ A brown bag with purple (doing from memory, hopefully I got the color right, lol) sunglasses. At first I didn't understand, then on the back in beautiful script it says "Elton" in glittery colors. Very cute
~ A purple disk wallet that is soooooooo cute and I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2005 04:01:19 PM »

Omg Elton glasses! RAwk!

I GOT MY PARCEL I GOT MY PARCEL!!! *super huge big ass shaking dance*

It's so bloody cool it just hurts...
I'll post pics tonight!
Loobylashes is my favorite person in the whole wide world (don't tell my husband that)!!

And thank you tattooed_dork for volunteering to be a swap angel with super geek! I'll send you guys each others info tomorrow Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2005 04:07:33 PM »

Yoyowa!  You have to get pictures of that bag, because it just sounds too cute...

Shotgun_Bettie, I already peeked at the things you got (via loobylashes blog) and you are so lucky, everything is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2005 05:22:37 PM »

Ok I'm going to go a little pic nutty because I'm in love with the journal that Loobylashes sent me.. (it's the coolest thing EVER) .. that and she and I went a little 'bugshit' with sending as we've been talking on MSN and since she's from the UK and I'm from Canada we thought we'd include some local stuff for each other.. In other words we both paid a fortune for shipping and sent tons of stuff!
Anyways.. check out my Geek treasure...

Box fulla loot before I mauled it to death (She gift wrapped it all and hand wrote on it!)

Cookie Monster Tote she knitted and hand lined (I know! envy me) and a really cool altoids tin she hand painted to look like Hedwig from Harry Potter.. it's gorgeous.. insides a Griffindor color necklace.. I'm currently wearing it so no pic..

Knitted pouch (it has sparkly thread and beads!), fuzzy sheepy zippered pouch that's softly lined (I <3 Sheeps), super cool 1" knitting pin, My very own magic the gathering card.. and British candy..mmm yum!
Unfortunatly the great work Looby did got killed by the postal service on my Magic The Gathering card (grrr.. cold weather)

Kick ass R2D2 cushion cover.. it's silky soft.. And it just rocks because my couch is red and my living room is black. .so it's perfect! My husband thinks it's his..

Assorted pack of awesome little crafty bits.. I love the stamps..

And I got a great card.. but my very favorite thing is the journal that Looby hand made me.. it made me all sniffly because it's just so damn cool.. it's called 'Loobys Guide to All Great things from Britain'..
I've only take pics of a few pages but it's amazing..

She included a British Mixed cd for me.. it's really good

A page on crochet including a hook (I only knit so far) and a cool pic of Looby when she was five.. I giggled

And my very favorite page is the one where Looby made me a shrinky dink Hedwig the owl, golden snitch and Griffindor scarf, AND she wrote me a little acceptance letter to Hogwarts.. Like I said.. amazing..

I'm so freakin happy with all my stuff I'm in geek heaven.. Thanks again Louise.. I know i rambled you a thank you letter but you truely made my week.. all my stuff is AMAZING..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005 05:25:54 PM by Shotgun_Bettie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2005 05:31:26 PM »

Tattooed_dork, you are awsome!  Here's a few more geeky things about me:
I have an obsession with Harry Potter.  Like, mental institution level obsession.
I love kitchy stuff from the fourtys-seventies
I am a knitter.
I play piano, and have for 7 years.
I LOVE to read a lot.  ALOT!

Thanks, you are a great person.  I hope that we can make this a great miniswap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2005 05:40:59 PM »

Wow!  Your very own MTG card!  What's your cost, power/toughness, and abilities?

All that stuff... all of everyone's stuff... looks fabulous
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2005 06:19:02 PM »

that All Great Things in Britain book is the BEST!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshoot for South by Southeast Book Cover with Blair Underwood
What John Irving Thinks of Mark Twain
Nell Stephenson on the Benefits of the Paleo Diet
John Irving on His Distaste for Hemingway
Richard North Patterson Discusses His Book Fall from Grace
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...