A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
783 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally dumping my boyfriend - sigh. *LONG RANT*  (Read 1769 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rubber FIFI
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005 01:42:04 PM »

Im glad youre feeling better.....my dad is emotionally abusive to my mom, but not to me. I have learned to cope with it. Lately I have learned that under all anger there is just fear, and behind a lot of bullies is just someone who is very, very hurt. That does not mean that you should put up with their shit or even that they are good people, but it is helpful to know that we are all scared, not just you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005 10:54:13 AM »

*BIG hugs*
Congratulations on getting out when you did.
And don't worry, you will find someone, even if it takes a little while.
So, until then, stich'n'bitch in the true Crafster way.

And my condolences on losing your cat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005 11:49:13 AM »

Hello Beautiful People-
I HAD to reply to this - its not often you have an opportunity to comment on a topic like this in this place.
Thank you for sharing your example of courage and awareness in a bad situation, I am sure you have helped and inspired many other members here to do the same or at least open their eyes to perhaps something in their own lives. This is good. Awareness is the first step to change. And believe it or not- Change is Good. Everything changes.
I have seen/experienced many many bad relationships and their counterparts, it can really do your head in and it is hard to find clarity for yourself during and afterwards.
my advice is to go within yourself and to heal/soothe/love all those parts inside of you after being with someone like that. I had a really hard time forgiving myself after having a sort of 'relapse' into an unforseen shitty situation with a very angry man. I couldn't understand why i fell back into it after maintaining good healthy situations for myself for a few years. but you just gotta hold on to that experience and take it as just that. no reflection on your SELF. But a learning lesson on forgivness, peace, and compassion. That man is f*cked up and unfortunately, for some reason, you had to be witness of that. And you've learned a lot from it right?
You also mention FEAR. Fear stands for- False Evidence Appearing Real.
Think about that one for awhile- it might help you. Everyone can get consumed by fear and their own thoughts in their head. That's when I go and find a different perspective outside of my head. Its not always good to believe what your brain is telling you. BUT It IS good to follow what your gut and heart and soul are telling you.
And lastly- (I'll shut up soon. lol) I find a lot of crafters are loner types - PLEASE don't take this personally!! I relate- i really do. I am shy and introverted and almost hermit like. BUT that's because I don't neccessarily fit in with general society. (you migh be able to see why in the above writing) I am ok with this because i dont totally agree with where society is headed. BUT i digress...
  To Create- Crafts, art, food, music, you name it- the act of creation is the greatest gift you could ever recieve from the Universe. The act of Creation is to make something. out of nothing. To Create is to put dreams into form. To Create is beautiful.
So Create create create--you beautiful crafty folks. It is wonderful!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrrromit

The eggstraordinary life of Madeline

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005 11:53:21 AM »

This is just a hug for you. You really deserve it and you're smart to stay away from that horrible, horrible ass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maplestory! Windia forever! Hunt me down, I'm MingyDingus! Smiley
classycrafter
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005 12:49:41 PM »

Hello Beautiful People-
I HAD to reply to this - its not often you have an opportunity to comment on a topic like this in this place.
Thank you for sharing your example of courage and awareness in a bad situation, I am sure you have helped and inspired many other members here to do the same or at least open their eyes to perhaps something in their own lives. This is good. Awareness is the first step to change. And believe it or not- Change is Good. Everything changes.
I have seen/experienced many many bad relationships and their counterparts, it can really do your head in and it is hard to find clarity for yourself during and afterwards.
my advice is to go within yourself and to heal/soothe/love all those parts inside of you after being with someone like that. I had a really hard time forgiving myself after having a sort of 'relapse' into an unforseen shitty situation with a very angry man. I couldn't understand why i fell back into it after maintaining good healthy situations for myself for a few years. but you just gotta hold on to that experience and take it as just that. no reflection on your SELF. But a learning lesson on forgivness, peace, and compassion. That man is f*cked up and unfortunately, for some reason, you had to be witness of that. And you've learned a lot from it right?
You also mention FEAR. Fear stands for- False Evidence Appearing Real.
Think about that one for awhile- it might help you. Everyone can get consumed by fear and their own thoughts in their head. That's when I go and find a different perspective outside of my head. Its not always good to believe what your brain is telling you. BUT It IS good to follow what your gut and heart and soul are telling you.
And lastly- (I'll shut up soon. lol) I find a lot of crafters are loner types - PLEASE don't take this personally!! I relate- i really do. I am shy and introverted and almost hermit like. BUT that's because I don't neccessarily fit in with general society. (you migh be able to see why in the above writing) I am ok with this because i dont totally agree with where society is headed. BUT i digress...
  To Create- Crafts, art, food, music, you name it- the act of creation is the greatest gift you could ever recieve from the Universe. The act of Creation is to make something. out of nothing. To Create is to put dreams into form. To Create is beautiful.
So Create create create--you beautiful crafty folks. It is wonderful!!!!!!

Lexis - thank you for writing this paragraph, its very inspiring! Especially the part about what fear stands for. I never thought of it that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/classycrafter

classycrafter.etsy. com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Selecting the Photographs for the Book Art and Soul
Brian Smith on Working with People
Inspiration for the Book Art and Soul
Framing the Shots for the Book Art and Soul
How to Use Your Lens Angle of View
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...