A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jack & Sally Nightmare Before Christmas Baby Quilt **(Now with rough patterns)**  (Read 52913 times)
Tags for this thread: nightmare_before_christmas , the_nightmare_before_christmas , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eridun
so many patterns, so little time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2007 11:46:03 AM »

So while I am also not a quilter (despite my grandmother's best efforts) I so love this quilt that it is inspiring me to try! 

My husband and I have decided on Jack and Sally for our costumes for next year (he's a stilt walker) so I'll be hunting down Jack and Sally fabric anyway and I can always use another quilt...  very awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

photograph, sew, photograph, sew, school, work, sew, photograph, sew, camp, sew... yay adhd!
ulcdmj
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2007 01:44:11 PM »

This is the most amazing quilt I have ever seen! Outstanding work! Im just ........at a loss of words for how cool this quilt is! Great idea, I bet there would be a lot of people in here who would love to pick your brain for more ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BatGrrl
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007 02:07:52 PM »

OK, I found them in a fit of cleaning this fall, but I'm teaching 17 credits (it's like a 60-hour work week, in theory.....I think it's more in actuality) with 10 hours of driving on top this semester, so I'm totally wiped out, and if I weren't home for a sick day today probably wouldn't have gotten these scanned.  That said, here are the rough pattern scans.  They aren't pretty, but they're a place to start for anyone who really wants to attempt this quilt.  Someday when I have a life I'll trace them over and post better ones.  I'll paste over the text that I wrote below them in my gallery.

The rough sketch of the Sally pattern. Grid squares should be one inch in size and scanned image should be the same size as a standard piece of letter-sized paper. Blew up 5 times to make the quilt.

Some of the squares need further reduction into smaller pieces--the two zig-zaggy pieces that mimic Sally's torn sleeves and arms need to be cut into multiple pieces and sewn together in strips for your own sanity. Also, the pattern is supposed to repeat on a diagonal, but it's not perfect, so you might be better off to reproduce the whole thing rather than just tracing half the pieces. It will probably make things easier in the long run.

The basics of the Jack pattern. You're better off cutting the bat wings into multiple strips (three) and the cutting the breast down the middle.

Grid squares should be one inch in size and scanned image should be the same size as a standard piece of letter-sized paper. Blew up 5 times to make the quilt.

Odd little numbers have to do with matching pieces and patterns. Disregard as you see fit.

**One additional note:  the lines on this sketch aren't 100% accurate.  In the finished quilt, the white stripes are one inch wide finished, and the black stripes are four inches wide finished.  (One square grid on the pattern is five inches on the quilt.)  The edges are supposed to line up with the corners.  There's supposed to be eight of those little triangles at the bottom, one in each square.  You'll probably have to regrid the bottom portions, but the bat and breast of the jacket are fine.

When I flipped my pattern over, I found this sketch on the back.  It corrects the basic pattern of the zig zag and how it should line up:

------

If the details don't show through well enough for you to see things, I've got higher quality scans that I can send you through e-mail.  What you'll need to do is PM me and send me an e-mail address that will handle 3-6 MB scans.  I've got a greyscale Sally scan that shows the patterns that I sketched in much better.

Remember that the original baby quilt isn't that large, 40X55 inches, so you'll need to continue to blow up accordingly for grown-up-sized quilts.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007 11:43:56 AM by BatGrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sbreene
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007 03:16:25 PM »

everytime i look in the quilting section, i am really happy to see the jack and sally baby quilt. tNBC is one of my favorite movies ever and i LOVE this quilt. great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redredbobbin
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007 06:30:26 PM »

This makes me want to go get pregnant so that I can make a tNBC baby quilt of my very own...this quilt would make Bone Daddy himself want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
misbeliever
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007 10:28:00 PM »

This is one beautiful quilt
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ezmerelda_smith
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007 06:51:11 AM »

Fantastic quilt!
And now I have part of the soundtrack stuck in my head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007 07:27:34 AM »

absolutely beautiful! thank you very much for posting your patterns, maybe eventually I'll be able to quilt more than just rectangular pieces in order to make a version of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
crown divas
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2007 09:16:33 AM »

could you e-mail me a better scan of this pattern i am intersted in making it for a friend of mine my e-mail is ncmolina19@hotmail.com, thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
livvyloo
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2007 12:16:01 PM »

I don't quilt and normally aren't a big fan of quilts (my MIL is way country with her quilts), but I had to post and say that this is the coolest set ever. Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Luminance Feature in Lightroom, Part 2
How to Soften Skin in Lightroom
Adjustment Brush in Lightroom
Exposure Blending Panoramic Photography
Do megapixels really matter on digital cameras?
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...