A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my DIY wedding crafts (thank goodness they're done!)  (Read 2825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

prairietransplant
« on: November 27, 2005 03:06:52 PM »

I was so inspired by people's DIY wedding invitations that I designed my own.  I had no idea when I started how much work they would be!  God bless my mom, who stepped in and made them from my design.  I based the invitations on the mini albums made by Kolo (that's the thing at the top of the picture).  My husband made the map.  Our wedding colours were "celadon" and "merlot" (according to me; according to my husband, "green and purple"!?)

The first page of the invitation "booklet" is a sheet of white velum, and the next sheet is green cardstock with a stamp of a bride and groom on it.  In the middle of the booklet is our invitation itself.
We sent out a save-the-date card, too.

These are our wedding fans and our favour tins.  All my cousins and aunts pitched in to make these, and my sister provided them with margaritas to keep them going.

I was glad we had the fans...it was a hot day!  My aunt had the brilliant idea of drilling a hole in the bottom of the stick and putting ribbon through the end.  Before that they looked a little like lime popsickles...

Thanks for the inspiration everyone!
If anyone wants to see more pictures, they're at http://photobucket.com/albums/v304/puffycat/.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sonia
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005 03:33:40 PM »

Your wedding invitations look great!
I love the favour tins--Where did you get them at?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prairietransplant
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005 03:48:22 PM »

Your wedding invitations look great!
I love the favour tins--Where did you get them at?

Thanks! I'm glad you like them.
I got the tins from Lee Valley Tools, who sells them as "watchmaker's cases."  i just bought some of their tins for organizing my buttons and things. They were so much cheaper than anywhere else.  Do not buy them from Michael's--they're about three times the price.
http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=1&p=44948&cat=4,104,53200&ap=3

I forgot to say before that the wedding fans were inspired by pippacloud on this thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=21565.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bleachedoutme77

isn't she a peach?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005 06:57:38 AM »

i love them,,,but did you mean to put 2006 on them?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi-*D*
bleachedoutme77

isn't she a peach?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005 07:02:06 AM »

when you wrote 'thank goodness they're done' you meant posting the pics on here? i'm a little confused, lol i thought you meant DONE with the invitations, and that's why I was confused on the date.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi-*D*
prairietransplant
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005 09:12:56 AM »

when you wrote 'thank goodness they're done' you meant posting the pics on here? i'm a little confused, lol i thought you meant DONE with the invitations, and that's why I was confused on the date.

I got married at the end of the summer (the invitations say 2005--it's just a bad photo).  I guess I'm still recovering from what a production it was.  I've finally tied up most of the loose ends--made and sent the thank-you cards, got my photos printed, got albums to put them in, posted photos on craftster... Wink

One residual benefit of the job of sending out invitations is that now I have a great spreadsheet with everyone's addresses, so I'm more motivated to send out Xmas cards.  But those I am not making this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Brief History of Comics
The Contribution of Recessions to Creativity
How Internet Ruins Graphic Designing
Milton Glaser on the I Love New York Logo
Comparing American and European 20th Century Design
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...