A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: poop marker  (Read 6377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kziemkowski
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005 06:49:33 PM »

I take my mini dachshund out on a leash too, but our yard gets really dark in the middle of the night. Something like this sounds so helpful. What a great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karen L. Ziemkowski
The Solardust Emporium
http://www.solardust.com
Shadesofme
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2005 07:30:13 PM »

wow! thats a great Idea! my Poopy is always leaving messes in random spots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005 11:21:37 PM »

Poop markers make sense to me, too.  When I had my two big dogs I would walk them to one area of the yard and they'd go potty and poop after running several circles around me (a lot like the flying model planes on wires), and then one of the dogs would do the "poop circle."  This was when she would walk a circle whilst pooping and I would have a poop ring around me.  Considering this area of the yard was just for the dogs, I didn't pick up the poo.  It would get mowed, the poo would freeze in the winter and make tasty treats for the dogs (eww! they liked poopcicles), but once in a great while...one of the dogs would go poo in an area of the yard that was for the humans.  D'oh! Poop markers would have come in handy.
But I would never in my life pick up poop at 2am in the morning.  Yuckers.  That's when you just want to get back into a warm bed and forget you had to watch an animal take a giant crap. 
Anyway, good idea nonetheless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2005 11:30:08 PM »

If I my humbly make a recommendation, you can train your dog to poop where you want her too. Seems kinda redundant to do poop markers because if you have the energy to do that you can easily scoop.

When you know your dog has to go, take her on leash to the part of the yard where it will be Poop Alley ( as we call ours) and tell your dog " Go Pee Pee" ( or whatever vernacular you use, but always use the same command every time. Consistancy is the key to dog training.)

People are always amazed that I can say to my lab, " Go Poop." and within 30 seconds (28 of it sniffing for the perfect spot) she goes poop. It is not rocket science. It's poo.

She is 10 years old now and we've never stepped in poo and we've never had to pick it up because of the area she goes in is not seen (or smelled) by the common eye.  ( And the lawn mower runs it over weekly turning it into a lovely mulch or bomb.)

Exactly! While the idea of poo markers is cute and original, I do think its MUCH easier to train the dog to go where you want it to go, and when you want it to go. That eliminates you stepping in it, and it also eliminates 2 AM poopings. UGH. (we use "do your business" and she poos within a few seconds also)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfre etobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
bfkirsch
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006 03:54:09 PM »

My puppy is on a 100% natural diet and as a result has the nastiest smelling butt you can imagine. One of her farts in a small room is lethal. Her poop can probably be smelled across the block. There is no way I am going to pick up her fresh poop at 2 a.m. or whenever! I think poop markers are the best thing ever. (I just had to learn not to have white ones because they got lost in the snow.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaryIsMyRealName

da ferret is in da hood

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006 03:36:46 PM »

Hehe. If my grandma lets the dogs out and they poop, she says "I put a leaf by it so you can find it and pick it up." Which makes no sense whatsoever because the entire yard is covered with leaves.... I should make her some "poop markers"!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy.Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
FIREFLY!!!
Doodisgurl89
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006 03:54:17 PM »

Thats a good idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap? PM me! I love WoW, Harvest Moon, and fantasy themed things.
Chelsea
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006 03:58:09 PM »

who wants to pick up and dispose of soggy poop at 2am?!

Exactly!  Smiley

Hehe, "doggie mines" has to be the best phrase I've heard in a long time.

I forget, having cats, that you take dogs outside for the bathroom (plus I just posted in a cat thread) so I was REALLY wondering why you were letting doggie poo sit all over the HOUSE with a marker!   Now that's when you'd just pick it up instead of using a marker.   lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006 06:12:35 PM »

thats so cute, my mom liked the idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick a Swimsuit for an Apple-Shaped Body
How to Pick a Swimsuit for an Athletic Body
How to Pick a Swimsuit for a Petite Body
Best Dressed Stars: Beyonce, Jessica Chastain and Ashley Tisdale
The Art of Making Shoes in New York City With Modern Vice
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...