A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need to earn $3000 by April, need quick and easy purse ideas to make and sell  (Read 3388 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006 07:24:40 PM »

Simplicity pattern 7161 is a good one. I used to make them and sell them for $20 and people bought them like crazy. I sold them mostly to people at my mom's work and family friends but most of the time when I got orders, they were upwards of $80. The pattern is a little confusing but once you figure it out, you can make one in about an hour. I hope you get your money in time, I was supposed to have a trip to London, Paris, and Madrid over spring break but it got cancelled... Cry.

Good Luck!

Happy New Year! Woo hoo, C/O 2006!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkBalletShoes
...Oh, she's a crafty one, she is...

.:Drama Queen.. in the most literal sense:.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006 07:30:08 PM »

Simplicity pattern 7161 is a good one. I used to make them and sell them for $20 and people bought them like crazy. I sold them mostly to people at my mom's work and family friends but most of the time when I got orders, they were upwards of $80. The pattern is a little confusing but once you figure it out, you can make one in about an hour.

BlueJeanBaby, what is the pattern for? I looked on ebay and got responses as skirts, bags, blazers, etc. Is it a recent pattern?

-Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free- Look out!-
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006 07:40:28 PM »

It's a pattern for a purse. It's a hobo-type bag.....here's the link: http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=7161 It's the denim one in the lower corner. It's not the cutest purse (to me anyway) but people went crazy over them. That isn't the exact pattern that I have though, it wasn't sewing for dummies, it was It's So Easy but it's the same purse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2006 08:35:15 PM »

I looked them up on the BBB website and they have a satisfactory report... yes I have too much time on my hands.. at work..empty building.. answering a phone that doesn't ring.. 16 hour shift.. sigh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vanilli
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2006 08:44:50 PM »

I know this is hideously off-topic, but do you live in/near Chesterfield? If so, I'm in that delegation and going then too! I'm raising $2000 for my trip too, so I know how it feels to be tight-pressed for cash.  Lips sealed

I'm making card purses with fabric interior and suede handles to sell at the local Bridge center. When I get a laminator, I can make them look really professional and sell them for about $20. $20 is a really good idea because if you think you can make 100 things and sell them, then thats $2000, not subtracting supply fees. It's a really easy way to set up goals and ideas to fund it. If you made some really cute purses too, you could raffle them off. ^.^

Another idea, not purse related, would be no-sew fleece scarves, blankets and pillows. If you sold them now in the cold weather and offered a few different fleece designs, they would sell like wildfire. Here's some links.

No-Sew Blanket- http://www.diynet.com/diy/diy_kits/article/0,2019,DIY_13787_2276464,00.html
No-Sew Pillow- http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=360
Scarf- Just cut strips of fabric long and wide enough to be a scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Present has no future
The future has no past
The past is just a graveyard
For the lonely ghost regeret
It's so hard to say good-bye
When I shake too much to hold
Let this blood within me run
So I can see the answers dry
RX Bandits
Ashlyn22
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006 02:15:39 PM »

no, i dont live in/near Cjesterfield... I live in York, PA. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006 10:28:09 PM »

how's the fundraising going?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006 04:05:09 AM »

I'm curious to find out as well.

In addition to the placemats, you can also find cheap cheap cheap ones at Goodwill and such used...just make sure they don't have stains.  You could get more for your money, just wash them first and they are usually funky and unique there as well.  Any kind of consignments are a plus.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HardCandy63

Short Attention Span Crafts Since Age Four.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006 12:35:38 PM »

check out the thread with all the top bag patters, posted by jMi. congrats:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tahda
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006 10:09:29 PM »

With summer coming on, you could turn your long jeans into shorts for the summer and have material to use for purses. Just cut the length off the leg, leave this piece with the right side out; sew the hemmed end shut. You can add beads or some other trim to the bottom. For the top, sew a circle about the size of a quarter using a satin stitch, about 2 inches down from the top, clip out the center. Turn under about 1/4 inch and sew, or serge if the material is not too thick; then turn under again 1 to 2 inches, making sure this part is just below the hole you just made. Sew all the way around This will be the pocket for your drawstring. You can use rope or make a drawstring from more of the jean material. If you want a bag with the string on both sides, just put holes in both sides. With no raw ends showing, you don't need a liner. You can get as fancy as you want with the drawstrings or trim. Have fun and good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Hottest Hair Trends in Hollywood
How to Style Short Hair Like Emma Watson
How to Get Smooth Hair in the Summer Heat
Getting A Salon Style Blowout At Home
3 Hairstyles That Look Great Wet or Dry
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...