A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: On the right track, but I need some help with 'stuffers'...  (Read 1895 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachel.in.rainbows
« on: November 26, 2005 07:09:06 AM »

Okay, so I know what I want to do for my parents this year.  I'm planning or cross stitching on a drawstring bag, and then filling it with some other little things.  The problem is, I don't know what to fill them with.  For my mom, I've got lip gloss... but that's about it.  Huh

Here's a few things about them:

Mom-Quiet, between jobs, loves to read, (we all do actually), cries at just about every sappy poem but still loves them, Cecily Mary Barker... ooo brainstorm... MOVING ON... umm... we don't have a bathtub anymore, just a shower stall, so bath beads/foam, are no good, pretty smelling things, but not floral... Anything a middle-aged woman would like...

Dad-Also loves book, disliked people/dealing with the public... lol, lamps <3, umm... if you know who I'm talking about: Richard Matheson, H.P.Lovecraft, Clive Barker (authors)... I dunno...

Any ideas are greatly appreciated... I'll prbably do record bowls for both my grandmas due to the simplicity, then put some candies in there, (plus they are so not craft savvy they'll think it is amazing)

Please post, any help is appreciated
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005 12:05:06 PM »

Thanks, but I'm Canadia and as far as I know there's no 'Target' dtore around here.  I wish there was... I'd also like to make most of the things..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005 02:57:36 PM »

I don't even know where to start...there are so many little crafts on Craftster, you could use just about any of them...

Mini address books, book marks, marble magnets, a plethora of jewelry ideas, photo frames, home decor, homemade candies, felted goodies....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
AmeliaTherese
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005 03:37:33 AM »

Why not write your mother a poem? Type it up on some pretty paper and frame it and decorate the frames. Maybe even put a family photo with it. It doesn't have to be a good poem - your mum is sure to love it anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005 05:47:17 AM »

If mom like to read make (or buy) book plates. Ya know, those "this book belongs to..." stickers you put inside the cover. A nice cros stitched bookmark? Um, for the bath/shower you can make her a scrubby out of tulle, or you can knit a mitt out of soft cotton yarn. I like the book ideas bette. You could go with a book theme. A pair of soft slipper socks, bookmark, coupon to the bookstore, etc....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005 09:01:29 AM »

Why not write your mother a poem? Type it up on some pretty paper and frame it and decorate the frames. Maybe even put a family photo with it. It doesn't have to be a good poem - your mum is sure to love it anyway.

So true.  She'd love it no matter what!

If mom like to read make (or buy) book plates. Ya know, those "this book belongs to..." stickers you put inside the cover. A nice cros stitched bookmark? Um, for the bath/shower you can make her a scrubby out of tulle, or you can knit a mitt out of soft cotton yarn. I like the book ideas bette. You could go with a book theme. A pair of soft slipper socks, bookmark, coupon to the bookstore, etc....

I actually really like the idea of going with a book theme... I'll have to put some more thought into that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swimmervixen
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005 11:19:09 PM »

You said that you only have a shower, but what girl doesn't like bath stuff?  Here is my fun idea - something easy to make and easy to personalize.  The idea is along the same lines as a shower scrubbie - buy a loofah and a soap making kit (you can choose your own scents) and instead of using soap molds pour the soap onto/into the loofah.  If you coat the outside of the loofah but let some of the texture stick out it will still work as an exfoliator and the custom soap will make it more fun.

As for your dad - I'm in the same boat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005 11:57:00 PM »

You said that you only have a shower, but what girl doesn't like bath stuff?  Here is my fun idea - something easy to make and easy to personalize.  The idea is along the same lines as a shower scrubbie - buy a loofah and a soap making kit (you can choose your own scents) and instead of using soap molds pour the soap onto/into the loofah.  If you coat the outside of the loofah but let some of the texture stick out it will still work as an exfoliator and the custom soap will make it more fun.

As for your dad - I'm in the same boat.

Sorry to butt in b/c I have not good ideas, but I just had to say to Swimmervixen that the exfoliator thingy is SUCH a GREAT idea!  Have you done this before?  How'd it turn out?

*RESUME IDEAS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
brookem
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005 02:32:25 AM »

i've made one- its a bit like making a pom pom. use fishing line and a darning needle.

i have been making bead bracelets for all of the women on my christmas list- from colourful glass beads and clear elastic cord. they are pretty cheap to make, mostly because i already have quite a large bead collection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
dyanemcs
Crafty Hippy-Witch

Mmmmm. Crafts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005 10:44:51 AM »

You could make your dad a Sculpey Cthulu.. and maybe a Student ID for Arkham College/University (can't remember, its been a long time!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To: A Punk Hairstyle You Can Easily Rock
Nicole Scherzinger Makeup Look Tutorial
8 Fashion Mistakes That Instantly Age You
January 2014 NewBeauty TestTube Reveal
CC Cream Reviews
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...