A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,417
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Abstract Wall Art - REDUX DEUX  (Read 2744 times)
Tags for this thread: wall_art  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: May 24, 2004 09:25:35 PM »

Hi everyone. I have finally figure the mother out...

Quote from first post:
We recently moved into a larger house and had zero art to adorn all of the walls. So I said, "Hell, if they do it on Trading places, you can too." I purchased plain cheapy canvases (12.00 - 20.00) from Michael's Arts and Crafts and used left over house paint (interior latex - but I don't think it natters) and a starter set of acrylics that I bought at a gararge sale for $2.00. If you are especially handy, you could "stretch" your own canvas over a simple wooden frame and it would be cheaper.

The first painting took three tries. If you don't like the way the painting turned out, you can wait for it to dry, sand lightly with 220 grit sandpaper and repaint.

Here are the results:

(click on the url)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011 06:14:37 PM by PixieVal - Reason: revealed images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004 09:46:12 PM »

good job, those are wonderful! i especially like the geometric one. almost motivated me to use my canvases ive had sitting in my bedroom for months... but i just bought fabric...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004 09:50:48 PM »

lexilicious ,

Thanks! The fabric canvvas is going to be one of my next projects, too. I am going to just make a frame out of 1x2 s and stretch the fabric remnants across that, instead of buying new canvases.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004 10:33:37 PM »

I have fabric canvases in my office, I love them they make things very serene. Your work is lovely lovely lovely!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004 03:05:28 PM »

That looks great! Way better than on trading spaces!!!
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004 09:25:59 PM »

i totally agree with rocka_mary, way better than trading spaces! i love the second one, but the first one is still beautiful Cheesy you should think about trying to sell them, they are so awesome. very nice work

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004 11:13:11 PM »

Thanks you guys!!! I have thought about selling some kind of art at a local craft/farmer's market. But, I think I would feel like a "fraud," like "I'm not really an artist, just someone with way too much time on her hands and some free paint." I am still considering it though...just mulling it around in my mind until I grow a pair of GONADS! Smiley

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Roasted Acorn Squash Gnocchi
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...