A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Guitar-playing, poetic boyfriend gift ideas! Please! (NOW W/ PICS)  (Read 3205 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laraebay
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005 05:28:10 PM »

Yeah, I do mean $25 worth, haha..sorry!

The post that kellygreen9 wrote...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 03:20:05 AM by laraebay » THIS ROCKS   Logged
toesocksrock

They want you to take the rolls!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005 07:16:51 PM »

D'oh!!! How did I miss that?  Angry

Thanks!

xoxo
Maggi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MadelBlue
Blue Sees...

Tangled up in blue...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005 09:06:30 PM »

I was just about to suggest that! Making your own pick for someone else isnt really a good idea because they have to be a uniform thickness with the correct shape, bendability etc etc etc. Post pics when you're done.... I might make a few pics for my boy too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pimpqueen
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005 11:07:50 PM »

Yeah, I do mean $25 worth, haha..sorry!

The post that kellygreen9 wrote, didn't that have to do with making one? I clicked the link and read a little bit, but I'm not sure if I hurried too fast or not..but wasn't it so you could make your own pick out of clay??

That'd be an option! Orrr if there's some sort of tool you could buy somewhere that would engrave some silver picks, that'd work too.

PAINTING?! I dunno, you'd have to paint awfully small, and find some sort of paint that wouldn't scratch off..but that could work.

i made pics for my boyfriend and used fabric paint on plastic pics and as far as i know its still stuck on there
THIS ROCKS   Logged
toesocksrock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005 09:10:41 AM »

Yeah the thickness part scares me. And making it look right. His twin brother is VERY into music, and I don't want it to be seen as some sort of gag gift.. Smiley

As soon as I get my weaving loom, though, I'm making him a guitar strap.

xoxo
Maggi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GhostAcademy
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005 09:28:29 PM »

I made my boy a guitar strap for his birthday back in October, and he said it was his favorite present ever and his friends were all into it too.  I embroidered a haunted forest scene onto a long strip of muslin and then backed it with some brown corduroy and made the fastener parts out of vinyl.  It cost less than $5 to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
toesocksrock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005 10:34:30 PM »

That is super cool!!!

I'm going to make him the strap, I think, for his birthday -- which is in January, and when I get to see him. I need some time to get used to my loom, too. Smiley

This is what I'm set on doing, now: I saw in the Oriental Trading Co. catalog a metal engraving tool, so maybe if I get that and some plain stainless steel picks (except I don't know what SIZE and THICKNESS!!! Any guitar players feel like helping me? Please?!), I could engrave my own stuff on them!

I need to make something for his twin brother, now. Because I'm already making something for his brother's wife - she's like my best friend. And I'm making something for Darrin.. So I definitely have to make his brother something. How about a box to put guitar picks? Is that too dumb?

xoxo
Maggi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GhostAcademy
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005 10:51:39 PM »

I think a guitar pick box is a cute idea.  You could maybe start out with an altoids tin and make a decoupage collage on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
laraebay
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005 01:14:28 AM »

Guess what? I was wrong. I didn't buy my ex-boyfriend's customized pick at the site I said I did in an earlier post (www.sterlingguitarpicks.com) I bought it at http://www.sterlingguitarpics.com/index.html I guess the difference of the K made me think it was there, haha. Even though I just looked at both of the websites and they pretty much look the same..with the same address and all, the prices are different, hmm.

I thought that the money I paid for the guitar pick was a great deal, but I'm pretty sure he only does the initials. So it wouldn't really help you out, but I just had to mention it.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 03:18:54 AM by laraebay » THIS ROCKS   Logged
toesocksrock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005 08:50:43 AM »

THANK YOU!!!!!

xoxo
Maggi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Shrimp-Udon Soup
Crispy Sweet & Sour Battered Chicken Recipe
How to Make Thai Fishcakes
Hoisin Chicken Wraps Recipe
Asian-Steamed Salmon Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Dress
Wonderful Washi
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...