A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gifts for High School friends, Ideas and questions.  (Read 879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StookeyDough
« on: December 07, 2005 04:54:17 PM »

It looks like a lot of us younger craftsters are in the same bought:  In need of a uniform, cheap craft/gift for our friends!!

In the past few years I've done:
Fudge.  Major hit for both girls and boys...
Chocolate covered plastic spoons tied to cups with hot coccao mix in it.  This was super cute, actually, melt chocolate and dip the spoons in and let harden on max paper.  sprinkles/crushed up candy canes or whatnot can be applied to make them look festive!  Also good for boys and girls.
Fleece scarves/blankets... easy to make, just extremely time consuming and for the larger blankets it can get expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velour
Lady of the Scissors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005 05:20:19 PM »

Hola, am facing same dilema ^^

My solution is that great tutorial in the jewelry section; making earrings out of photo paper and tape. I'm making cute little violin earrings for my orchestra friend and some cat charms for a feline-nutty pal. They're easy to make for v. little money, and you can make bracelet charms or a necklace for your non-pierced grrlfriends using the same method.

I'm not so sure about guys though. I just unload halloween candy on my two guy friends since they're really not picky ^^;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing is craftier than a story Smiley http://writwratwrote.wordpress.com/
stars.in.her.eyes
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005 05:21:54 PM »

how about pencil cases/makeup bags?  you can sew them all from the same pattern, even from the same fabric if you must.  i'm making some, and i'm planning on putting my friend's name on them in letter appliques...
try this:
A lined zip up pouch

or this for a simpler sort:
A zip up pouch, no lining
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005 06:44:10 PM by stars.in.her.eyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mento_bug
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005 05:38:10 PM »

hmm so far i can think of:
  • hot chocolate mix
  • cookies
  • cute stack of various packs of gum (gum is a necessity at my school)
  • decorate notebook covers
    and thats all i can think of for now, but I'll think on it since I'm in the same boat as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladymare

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005 04:24:14 PM »

i've posted about this before on another thread but, My friends and I did Pajama pant swaps in high school. We actually wore them to school too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Country_Gal

Disasterously Beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005 09:01:22 AM »

Hola, am facing same dilema ^^

My solution is that great tutorial in the jewelry section; making earrings out of photo paper and tape. I'm making cute little violin earrings for my orchestra friend and some cat charms for a feline-nutty pal. They're easy to make for v. little money, and you can make bracelet charms or a necklace for your non-pierced grrlfriends using the same method.

I'm not so sure about guys though. I just unload halloween candy on my two guy friends since they're really not picky ^^;

could you give a link to that? or what its called so i could search it...thanks  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Nicole-
00babygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005 11:13:25 AM »

I'm mostly giving the girls jewelry. And I'm talking about 10 girls. haha However, just a pair of earrings doesn't seem like that much so I'm going to be making them all chocolate truffles to go with it. In addition to that, I'm gonna try to package my jewelry in a fun way because well honestly, opening the present is the best part. Smiley Most of the jewelry I've made is going to be packaged in felt fortune cookies like the ones here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=66970.0

Oh, StookeyDough, do you have a good recipe for fudge? I know someone who likes fudge and it would be nice if I could make him some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fairyprincessbeaniebaby
"Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?" -Luna Lovegood

thats right. l saw THE ROLLING STONES in concert!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005 01:42:38 PM »

mabye as previously metioned, you could make some make-up bags n bracelets:
i made this a while ago. what you do is get some thick, clear plasic and sew a pocket. then using NEW clean toothbrushes pluck out the colourful bristles and put into pocket (you will probably need plyers for that, unless you  cut them out but read on first!) sew it closed. This is the front of your bag!
then you could either make the front a flap  and sew another pocket to sew it onto (you will need to make another pocket anyway) or glue on one of those ziplock  closure things on lunch bags. they are strong and you just cut them off!
NOW with the toothbrushes you have left, (test one first to see if this will work, some are meltproof) boil them in hot water, BE CAREFUL! until they get bendy. then, using atowel bend to a circle. dump in cold water for a minute then when cold  try them on your wrists! if they fit YAY! if not just put them back in the water and try again! a really fun look is if you use the childrens disney ones, or the fluro kind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd find the prettiest boy in school, take him home and neatly f**k him "
 -David Bowie
"Whether your browning, searing, or just setting things on fire a kitchen blowtorch is fun for the whole family!"
-Tom, QEftSG
http://www.piczo.com/ireallyfancypirates

Lover of all things kitch, retro, and
StookeyDough
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005 04:46:20 PM »

I use the recipe on the back of the marshmellow creame... it's my favorite!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Flash Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Fireworks Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Dusk/Dawn Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Delete Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...