A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Freezer paper- Winnipeg????!?, Anywhere?!  (Read 9017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flybynight
« on: November 23, 2005 11:07:31 PM »

Hi there!
Im looking to find some freezer paper(renyolds) in Winnipeg.
Ive heard rumors that theres none to be found in Canada at all.
If youve seen some around somewhere (and you dont live in Winnipeg like I do)
Please tell me where you saw it anyways because perhaps ill double/triple check that store. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NessaGurl
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005 05:41:15 AM »

I live in Ontario...and I've found Reynolds Freezer paper...Although I did have to look in a bigger grocery store. Check around in the larger grocery stores, it should be with all the baggies, tin foil and such. I'm sure a different brand would work too. Reynolds is good freezer paper, I found some here but it was quite expensive...well $10 for a package, I thought that was a lot for freezer paper...if you search and search and can't find it, maybe I can send you some...good luck!

NessaGurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
melmelon

I'm a weird llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005 07:44:08 AM »

now maybe I'm just dumb (quite possible), but what about using parchment paper? and maybe freezer bags. I'm not sure what you want to do with the freezer paper (I'm assuming you wanna freeze stuff), but I use parchment/silicone paper...whatever you want to call it for wrapping and freezing cookie dough...plus you use it for baking. will that work for you? its found with all the other stuff in the grocery store and it goes for around 3 bucks a roll.

if you AREN'T freezing stuff, what about using the brown paper they sell at the post office or dollar store for wrapping packages to mail. (if this works go to the dollar store...'cause its...ummm...a buck...and not whatever the p.o. charges)

hth...otherwise feel free to ignore    Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flybynight
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005 06:12:28 PM »

Its not the same thing.  I need it for stenciling.  Nothing else will work.

And no, im not freezing, wrapping, etc.  I would use something else if I couldnt find freezer paper for those things.
Freezer paper is waxy on one side therefore allowing it to be temporarily bonded to your fabric while the other side doesnt screw up your iron.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NessaGurl
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005 05:29:52 AM »

I'm sure the paper doesn't have to be "Reynold's Freezer Paper"...I'm sure any brand would work...I find it strange that they wouldn't sell that where you live cause its a pretty useful household item...Hummmmmm...Keep looking...look for any freezer paper...and maybe you want to call a local kitchen shop...they may know where to find it...but if all else fails...I can send you some.

Good luck
NessaGurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
andiwilson
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005 06:04:08 PM »

i live in winnipeg too and i've spent weeks trying to find it to stencil..i finally did. Cantor's Grocery carries it, but i haven't gone to buy it yet. they close at 6pm and the phone number is   2047741679. GOOD LUCK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nutritiongal
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005 07:21:30 PM »

I got mine at either Foodland in Saint Norbert or Safeway Fort Richmond. It is hard to track down though, luckily it lasts forever. (Unless you use it a lot.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back after a fews years of inactivity and looking forward to getting back into crafting!

Visit my blog: http://roaringtwentieskerri.blogspot.com/
ERPilly
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005 03:17:50 PM »

Can you buy it in US and take it back to Canada?  Sounds silly, but I don't know about customs...  Or buy it online and have it shipped?  Couldn't be that expensive ($5 for a 100ft roll here), and you'd get it quicker than looking all over the province.  If you stock up, you'd be the only one in Winnipeg with freezer paper... $$ !?  Just Kidding...  Wink
Ebay has some for quilting on sale now, both the US and CA sites.  Not Reynolds, but the same as you're looking to do with it.
Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I love needles
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005 03:21:53 PM »

Thank you for asking about this! I'm also a winnipegger and haven't been able to find it anywhere!  But I know where cantors is! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006 11:03:31 PM »

i buy it at safeway in bc, the safeways in mb probably have it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Face Portrait
How to Draw a Domestic Dog
How to Draw a Domestic Cat
How to Use an Airbrush
How to Choose a Paintbrush
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...