A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not your grandma’s knitting bag  (Read 2576 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Black Lamb
« on: September 05, 2004 07:34:58 PM »

I finally decided that I needed to get myself a knitting bag but I couldn’t find anything I liked so I tried making my own.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Hawk881222/knittingbagouter.jpg

You can’t tell from these pictures but it has 8 pockets (1 needle pocket, 1 circular needle pocket, 2 large pockets (1 has a flap closure), 3 medium pockets and a large pattern sheet pocket on the back) as well as a little snap on yarn guide.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Hawk881222/knittingbaginside.jpg

The bottom is reinforced with that plastic cross stitch stuff, I think it still needs something on the front but I can’t think of anything right now.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place I couldn’t decide if it should go here or in the bags section.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011 07:50:17 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
princess
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004 08:00:07 PM »

That is so cutie, I want one too lol.  I love your chose of fabrice, and all the pockits are great.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mwyn
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004 01:09:50 AM »

Cool bag. It looks vey practical as well as attractive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One who works with his hands is a labourer; with hands & head, a craftsman, with hands, head & heart; an artist.
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004 12:09:58 PM »

that bag is great!  i especially love all the different pockets you made...i'll have to keep that in mind when i finally get around to making a knitting bag of my own  Cheesy

as for something more, i think it looks fine as it is, but maybe if you wanted to add a little punch to it, you could use an iron-on transfer.  get some of that iron transfer printer paper, then go online and find a cool image you like, print it onto the paper, iron the paper onto a piece of light colored or white fabric (cos i don't think it would show up directly onto the plaid fabric of your bag) and then just sew the fabric with the image onto the front of the bag.  or maybe you can add a pocket accross the front of the bag to make it a little more interesting.  hmmm, what else can you do?  maybe you could embroider some knitting needles or a ball of yarn or something equally as cute onto the bag?  or you could make a cool stencil or some kind and then just use black spray paint for an understated yet still totally cool effect.

hope some of these suggestions help  Smiley   but really, it's so pretty just the way it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
red_ducks

paint is your friend, paint is my friend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004 08:35:14 PM »

i think you should put a scottie dog applique on the front. That would be rad. Or else you could do something else cool like a dinosaur which would be a suprising juxtaposition to your delightfully brittish fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear All White After Labor Day
Selena Gomez Vs. Rihanna - Who Wore Their Denim Shorts Best?
Lori Bergamotto Pairs Designer and Affordable Pieces for the Perfect Look
Learn to Pair Feminine and Military-Inspired Pieces in One Look
Noelle Sciacca Talks About Snagging Designer Pieces on Sale
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...