A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
783 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lemon Juice  (Read 1116 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessdell
« on: May 24, 2004 12:25:05 PM »

Hopefully I will soon be able to open a webshop (Lemon Juice is going to be the label name.) For one, I will be selling cigar box style purses. But before all the work of making the products and buying the website domain name and getting the site put together, I'd like to know if anyone would even be at all interested in buying something like that. I thought perhaps because I'd be able to self them for a fraction of a lot of other cigar box purses. That isn't the only thing I'll make. I'll also make cloth purses and probably some lemon themed stuff. (lemon purse, wallet, etc.) Any interest? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyutopia
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004 02:02:43 PM »

great name!  Wink

i really think it might work in your favor to add a few other products besides the cigar box purses. your lemon themed goodies and cloth purses sound like a good start.  if you focus solely on cigar box purses your customers will associate you with cigar box purses, only.  when the market changes and cigar box purses are no longer hot or you just want to change your style and create new goodies your customers may get confused. 

that said, it could also totally work to gradually add new products to your site as you get rolling.  i guess really what i am trying to say (without talking in circles) is to plan for the future.  if you see yourself running your business 5 years from now, what do you see yourself selling?   you don't need to be selling those items right now. but creating your business to incorporate all of the ideas you have for the future might not be a bad idea.  just don't get dead locked into selling one very specific product alone.

i hope that made sense. my head is full of alergies so i'm a bit out of it.  but all in all, i think if you make interesting, quality goodies you will always find someone interesting in purchasing your crafts.  good luck!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassiemarie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004 04:05:18 PM »

I was going to name my website Lemon Seeds.com, but a couple weeks ago i decided aginst it, that would have been funny to have such similar names........  The only reason i decided aginst it was becuase i thought it would limit my color scheme, and i am the kind of person who needs lots and lots of colors, not just yellow, heheh,  good luck on your site! and cute name!
--cassiemarie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimmiecarlson
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004 08:30:29 AM »

Smiley
My name/site is lemonfizz.....Ok, well it will be once I finally get my act together!!!! (And who knows when that might be!)
Lemon Juice is super cute too! And I know another gal is Lemonade... (Apparently there is a lot of LEMON-LOVIN' going on!)...
 Grin    I love it!!!!
And honestly, I don't think it only limits ya to just using a lot of yellow!
I plan on using tons of colors for my stuff; I just wanted a fun name!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lemonfizz.com
eventually : )
jessdell
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004 08:50:40 AM »

yea i'm using color too. yellow is certainly not my favorite color. my site name will have orange and pink and light orange in the title...no yellow here! that would be to boring for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessdell
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005 11:43:28 AM »

ack...i'm not even selling cigar box purses if i get the site up...i figure i really would never like them becuase it doesn't interest me that much...and so i couldn't be a good judge of whether or not i'd made them well...i'll stick to fabric...and earrings which is my fetish right now...i've made a whole bunch lately
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watercolor Painting: Preserving Whites
How to Paint Skies with Watercolors
Watercolor Painting Basics
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Blacks
How to Paint Flowers with Watercolors
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...