A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crafty christmas wishlist - what are you asking santa for?  (Read 783 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fruithead
« on: November 22, 2005 08:23:24 PM »

i've decided to have a crafty christmas and ask for all crafting-related items. but i'm having trouble deciding what tools, organizers, new crafts, papers, kits, etc. to put on my christmas list.

so if you could ask santa for any crafty item (or a couple, if there's a few things you want) what would you ask for?

and let's pretend money is no object!

i'll start.....right now i'm thinking about one of those scrapbooking alphabet embossing kits or maybe some sort of sticker maker. i'm sure i'll think of more later, i just wanted to get the ball rolling.

what are you asking for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005 08:34:33 PM »

a print gocco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i really want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
penguino
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005 08:49:22 PM »

Two years ago I asked for and received Omnigrid Mat and rotary cutter.  I use them all the time now to cut fabric.  I actually use the mat as my craft surface. Smiley 

Last year, I asked for and received yarns and a lantern decorating kit (from Target)

This year my list has yarn and needles and knitting book since I knit.  I am also trying to learn to spin my own yarn.  So I am asking for a spinning book and roving.  Since I am going to have roving, I should also try to learn needle felting.  There is all this animal guys that are so cute.  And I am trying to decide whether or not to ask for Discovery Hand-Powered Button Maker.  I can make my own button with my favorite animal-penguin.   Finally hopefully I will also get a JoAnn gift card to buy after-christmas clearance stuff. Wink

Here is my wish list (craft portion):
Denise interchange needle
Needle Felting Starter Kit
Wool Roving Variety Pack, Colors
Yarns
Spinning Designer Yarns (paperback) by Diane Varney 
World of Knitted Toys (paperback) by Kath Dalmeny
??Discovery Hand-Powered Button Maker??

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tofuttibreak
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005 08:55:07 PM »

a print gocco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i really want one!

I'll take one, too!
~and~
japanese craft books
a giant elann.com order
a scanner, to scan all of my craft books
a xyron 900
addi turbos
wool roving
handspun yarn
a zipper foot for my sewing machine

number of these that I'd be happy to get: 1.
I don't expect many of these, but you said wishlist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapefruiit
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005 12:55:51 AM »

ooh here's my list:

- serger/overlocker
- adjustable dress form
- those gothic lolita pattern magazine thingys.
- a visit to the fabric store (this is heaps expensive although it doesnt seem like it)

hm. that's about it actually.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005 01:17:34 AM »

Ooooh - crafty christmases, yay!

I'm asking for:

* Vouchers for the local fabric store
* A learn to spin kit
* Interesting yarns

I've also got some crafty books on my amazon wishlist:
'Crocheted Socks!: 16 Fun-To-Stitch Patterns' by Janet Rehfeldt
'The Knitting Goddess: Finding the Heart and Soul of Knitting Through Instruction, Projects and Stories' by Deborah Bergman
'Handspun Revolution' by Alexis Boeger
'Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook: Instructions, Patterns, and Advice for a New Generation of Knitters' by Debbie Stoller
'The Happy Hooker: Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet' by Debbie Stoller (Though it's not out till January)

My boyfriend is a carpenter, and I've made several hints asking him to make me wooden crochet hooks, a hairpin lace tool and a drop spindle!

I'd also love a speedball screenprinting kit.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005 01:19:11 AM by PurpleHeather » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissMeshell
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005 02:56:48 AM »

I am asking for magazine subscriptions to various art and textile mags...cant wait!
I've also asked for a ton of textile and other such books off amazon (such a bad place to look though, I thought I only wanted like three but then they're like "if you like the look of this book then you should go and look at...blah blah" and now my list is a mile long!!!)

I like to buy all my own craft stuff myself but if I was asking for craft stuff I would ask for...
vintage fabric/wallpaper/llace/crochet/napkins/handkercheifs etc.
and I would ask a rich person for a knitting machine and an overlocker Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapefruiit
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005 03:21:05 AM »

oh wow they have TEXTILES magazines?!?!! i've seen art ones.. but never sewing ones... i've seen those quilting ones.. but they dont have anything close to the coolness of CRAFTSTER!! they're all into making table runners and pillows. and well. there's nothing wrong with that, but i cant really wear tablerunners can i.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005 03:25:23 AM »

I want a grocco for christmas of course but I know my family and they'll get the wrong thing so I'm not going to bother.

I WANT FABRIC! REAL FABRIC! I've reduced myself to buying cheap things, usually scraps (My mind just went blank for the correct word, lol) so i want real fabric!

And I want my car insurance paid. Not crafty, but hey, its so friggin expensive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
johannaalazar
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005 06:55:27 PM »

I totally lost my login info.  I have a couple of books that I want to get.  The first is by Shannon O'key of knitgrrl and the other is RIP It by Elissa Meyrich.  I am anxious to learn to knit and the book looked cute and well since I learned to sew from the SFSE book, I think RIP IT will be good. 

Has anyone any reviews on either book yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hang Time With Jenn Im: Feral Creature
How Can You Dress Like a Countess?
3 Ways to Wear Sports Luxe Tops
How to Wear a Tan Leather Skirt
How to Make DIY Embellished Tassel Shirts
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...