A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Burton style) Bathroom -- Please Help.  (Read 2016 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beckstraordinary
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005 11:16:03 AM »

If you have any ability to touch the mirror, you could always fashion the mirror frame like a golden ticket and paint it w/gold metallic paint...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the worst type of girl.
kd
Ta Da, It's Miss America!

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005 09:45:29 PM »

If you can find/make them, a chorus line of oompa loompas across the top of the medicine cabinet or the backsplash could look amazing.

The first thing that came to mind was walls and ceiling in chocolate brown with the typical white bathroom fixtures... white shower curtain... towels... for something quick and easy.  This would be cool with a huge mural of the wrapper on the wall.  Or could you cover the counter and tiles temporarily with artificial turf to mimic the grass?  I'm thinking along the lines of how walls are upholstered.  I once covered the walls of a bathrrom with movie posters given away at the video store.  It looked awesome.  Used loops of tape on the back corners, and then covered the joints with bright red tape afterwards.  The moisture became an issue but it did last the entire summer really well and looked great while it was up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no such thing as a stay-at-home mom.
smelsmin
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005 10:11:12 PM »

You could make a top hat ring (or maybe for watches because it's your brothers bathroom)  holder.
If you have/need one you could paint a laundry basket or rubbish in with oompa loompas or candy or whatever.
Brown (or lime green or purple) towels with candy related trim.
Golden ticket photo frame.
You could fabric paint or embroider a bathrobe for the sake of it.
Theres this special type of paint that you draw with onto plastic, then you peel it off and you have a groovy thingy you can stick on glass ie. a mirror and then you can peel them off again (but they go kinda odd and ruined if you do that after leaving them on).
You could make felt food airfresheners and hang them around the room on ribbons.

Oh, and you could modpodge wonka wrappers to something.
And if for some strange reason you knew how to make toilet seats, you could make one with stuff in it. But most people (me included) don't know how to make toilet seats...

And you could make a toilet paper holder by getting clay to make a top hat, and having a peice of wire sticking out like in this piccy:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2005 10:36:11 PM by smelsmin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lemonkid
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005 04:55:12 PM »

Lickable wallpaper should do the trick.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tivaclare
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005 10:34:51 AM »

Technically...any wall paper is lickable... Grin

I'm going to get started on all of this in the 2nd week of Jan so I'll post pics to show you how it all goes.

Thanks for the ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Dixie Bell Cornbread Dressing
Dirty Rice Recipe
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Rotisserie Style Chicken Recipe
Mac and Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...