A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Handknit Holidays" by Melanie Falick  (Read 17653 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the dent
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006 02:29:54 PM »

Has anyone done or considered the "over the knee stocking"? I've only seen the picture of it in the book, and I'd like to know if it's worth tracking down this book in my local library system just for this pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candikaneiscrafty
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006 11:00:18 PM »

Has anyone done or considered the "over the knee stocking"? I've only seen the picture of it in the book, and I'd like to know if it's worth tracking down this book in my local library system just for this pattern.
I started to make them but i wasn't using the correct yarn gauge so i had to rip them out and wait until i get the proper yarn. if you use the right gauge yarn it seems like it would work fine i had no problems with the actual pattern.
i hope that made some sense i am half asleep...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tracinglines
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2006 10:07:49 PM »

shuffar- i gave the one i made before away as a present, but ill definately post pictures of the one for my sister when it's finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calilove127
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2006 11:05:14 PM »

i LOVE this book.  i actually just finished the elfin looking hat for my neice earlier tonight.  i used the rowan big wool yarn and it turned out sooo cute.  i will def. be sticking a picture up very soon to share!  it was sooo easy and very fast!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The best accessories a girl
can have are her best friends."
   -- Paris Hilton
dansk
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2006 11:46:51 AM »

I just finished the Log Cabin Socks. This is my first pair of socks EVER! I LOVE this pattern and found it very easy to follow. I used Caron Simply Soft in black so they're really squishy and cozy! I think I'll make some in "nicer" yarn for my in-laws as Christmas gifts.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2006 05:29:28 PM »

Those socks are awesome!  were they a lot of trouble?  I've never done socks before either, but I'm kind of a cabling nut, and I would love to make cabled socks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
dansk
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2006 06:36:58 PM »

You can do it! It was challenging, but as long as you read the instructions thoroughly as you go it should be fine. I tend to read instructions over and over and over again while I'm working! Smiley

I only have dpns that came in sets of 4, so for the 5th one I used a dpn of a slightly smaller size, but that didn't seem to matter in the end product.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftNClutter
Formerly: shuffar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2006 07:37:18 PM »

I've completed another project from the lovely bookthe Counterpane Accessory Pouch, using Caron Simply Soft.

Everytime I do a project (no matter what medium) I realize how much I need to work on my craftsmanship and finishing. Must learn to slow down in the end (I do well in the beginning, but by the end I want to finish!)

I'm still trying to decided whether to add a strap, my zipper wasn't long enough to act as one. Oh, and I also ended up dropping about 4 stitches on the first side I did, but didn't really know I did until I finished the second side properly.

I ended up starting both sides over once each. The stitch pattern is somewhat complicated, especially for an "advanced beginner" like me, but it wasn't a hard stitch pattern (if that make sense).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bottles caps? Please!

::blog:: - Craft 'N' Clutter
::wists:: - inspiration & desires
::Stalker?:: - That means you,
PrincessJazz
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2006 07:43:04 PM »

Those socks and that purse are beautiful!  I just bought this book today so hopefully I will have some FOs soon.

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keletubbie

Knittin' like I mean it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2006 11:44:28 AM »

I'm a little late to the party, but here's the Elf Cap from Handknit Holidays. A seriously speedy pattern, I literallyy finished it in an evening. I made extra-long i-cord ties to which I intend to add pom poms before it does to my brother's girlfriend for Christmas.

The yarn is Lamb's Pride Bulky - seriously soft stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my blog. Comments make us all happy:

http://purlfriday.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Luscious Hair with a Shockingly Wild Ingredient
How to Get a Runway Beauty Look at Home
2013 Prom Hairstyle Trends - Selena Gomez, Victoria Justice, Lea Michele
Spring Hair Tips From Celebrity Hairstylists
AXE HAIR Spring Styles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...