A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The 502  (Read 2849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005 12:50:51 PM »

I sure am! I'm still a student at U of L, so my knitting time is sadly short. Just out of curiosity, know of any other yarn shops in town besides the Knit Nook on Bardstown?

Hells yes!  There are about 4 or 5 great knitting stores in Louisville.  They all seem to carry different kinds of yarns though, so you'll just have to go to all of them. Smiley

Besides the Knit Nook on Bardstown that you mentioned, I've also discovered these yarn stores:

Sophie's Yarn Shoppe on S. English Station in Middletown area (behind CVS across from Lake Forest entrance).  It is, in a word, phenomenal.  If you haven't been here yet, you really should go.  It just opened not long ago and every time I go in there they've got more and more yarn in stock.  It's about six times the size of Knit Nook.  They also put on a weekly get together on Wednesday nights for younger knitters.  Good times!

Carma Needlecraft on Lyndon Lane in Lyndon area.  It's a bit bigger than the Knit Nook.  Small but good selection.  Weird hours though.  They carry embroidery thread as well as yarn.  Oh, and they have Addi Turbos.

Handknitters, Ltd is off of Shelbyville Road in the Middletown area.  I'm not sure what road it's on but it is right behind the Ben Franklin crafts on Shelbyville Road.  This yarn store is great.  They have a great selection of yarn, buttons and knitting books/periodicals. 

Dee's Crafts is off of Shelbyville Road across from Mall St. Matthews.  They just started carrying yarn and every time I go in there, there's more stock.  Again, great selection of yarn.

God, I love Louisville. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyPop
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005 10:44:18 AM »

Hi peeps. I was diagnosed w. cancer earlier this year and started doing Sublime Stitching when I was recovering over the summer. I just picked it up again last week and want to do more and more, but I tend to totally throw myself into something hardcore for a week or so, then let it fall by the wayside. I love silkscreen (but haven't done it in AGES), stencil, cut+paste/xerox, etc. I also want to learn how to sew. Anyways, HI!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005 10:47:30 AM by BabyPop » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SparkleHorse
The Green Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005 11:10:02 AM »

hola 502-ites!

my current craftings revolve around crochet and baking. (does baking count?)

i would like to learn to knit.

i got a sewing machine that i'm slowly learning to use, though i still don't know how to make something from a pattern. 

i like to scrapbook, though i haven't done much of that in a while. it indulges my obsession with paper products.

i also like random stuff like...making trivets out of corks.

i like to embellish, decorate, and reuse.

favorite materials: paper, anything sparkly or shiny, and glitter.

on deck for me craftwise: making a bag for the knit/crochet bag swap and painting an old suitcase i got at a junk shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But why don't you scream now?" Alice asked, holding her hands ready to put over her ears again.

"Why, I've done all the screaming already," said the Queen. "What would be the good of having it all over again?"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How your Framing Device Affects your Image Part 1/2
How your Framing Device Affects your Image Part 2/2
How to Use the Power of Gesture Through a Portrait
How to Use Neutral Density to Imply Motion
How to Separate the Portrait from the Background
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...