A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for popcorn and/or mashed sweet potato recipies  (Read 628 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lalalalala Lola
« on: November 22, 2005 01:43:02 AM »

After having got some fresh popped corn from the farmer's market by my house(sweet and salty-yum), I'm on a bit of a popcorn kick. If you guys have any recipies, please post here.

And because I don't want to start a new thread, I'm eating mashed sweet potatoes right now and they're totally delicious. I'm finding them a bit rich because there's sour cream mixed in. If you guys have any mashed sweet potato recipies, post them here too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allie-loki
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005 06:36:45 AM »

i dont eat butter and love flavoured popcorn except whatever spice you put on it always ends up falling off. i like to have tons of spice so i spray my popcorn with vegetable oil as it comes out of the air popper and then just add whatever spices i feel like and they stick really well. i like mexican (fajita mix, or chili powder), cajun, and onion&garlic (o&g salts, sprinkle of friend onions).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wittyandcreativex
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005 10:28:19 PM »

whenever I eat pop corn, it comes fresh out of the air popper, and i like to add chopped up rosemary, give it a stir (whatever so your popcorn doesnt break into millions of tiny pieces) eat,and enjoy. its always yummy :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my squash!
patriautism
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005 11:40:26 PM »

I haven't tried it and maybe this is the sleep depro talking but caramel sauce and bacon bits on popcorn sounds really good right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alohaxxbeautie

I heart Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005 07:26:36 AM »

Sweet Potatoes
 Well every Thanksgiving my mom takes mashed sweetpotatoes, mixes it with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Then she puts it in a pan, sprinkles marshmallows on top, puts it in the oven. It tastes reely good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005 07:38:33 AM »

You can cut some of the richness of the mashed sweets by introducing something green like spinach, for example. You can mix up the two, or you can add some flour to the mash to firm it up a bit (depends on how mushy they are), then mix with some spinach (squeeze the water out til it's pretty dry) and chiles and make pancakes. Use spray oil so you don't get more oily richness.

You can heat up the potatoes, add some chopped bell peppers and zucchini, herbs and spices, chix or veg broth, and have soup. Less rich, since it's watered down a bit.

Mix the sweets with cooked salmon, chopped scallion and a few black olives and turn it into a meatloaf of sorts; bake in a loaf or 8-in pan at 350 for maybe 20-30 mins. Drizzle with balsamic or serve with a pesto. You can also turn those into pancakes instead.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Started with Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop - Overview
How to Use Effects Processing in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 2
How to Use Effects Processing in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 4
How to Use Effects Processing in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...