A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My latest babies  (Read 1255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rhicooqui
« on: November 21, 2005 06:18:27 PM »

So these are just three from a pretty extensive range. its pretty endless what you could do. i'm working on some cupcake pins aswell, to put on the specific birthday cards. i left these ones blank, coz my mum wanted to buy them. bless her Wink

close up of the purple one

a quick question for you all, i'm a glutten for anything with visible stichting. that includes cards! so i love the inside of the card looking like this:

does that look really unfinished to you all? i covered up two of the cards for my mum, because she prefers them that way

i just wondered what all your preferences were! call it market research!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patriautism
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005 06:21:32 PM »

Cute cards! As for the stitching showing I like it---it kinda reminds me of those blank books you get in preschool when you're learning to write. I got all nostalgic for a sec Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

floggingmolly
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005 06:46:23 PM »

Shocked wow those are really nice! how did you make the flowers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesus saves, Gretzky scores. The workers slave, the rich get more, one wrong move and we risk the cup. so play the man, not the puck!
grapefruiit
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005 01:21:44 AM »

those are gorgeous...!! wow i was thinking about covering some of my journals but i didnt realise people *sewed* them on..!! i always thought they were GLUED on! how smart... or am i just stupid?? hm... now that i think of it.. omgosh. it's all so clear now... hahaha sorry i'm so spaztic.. half of that was me talking to myself.. O_o;; .. anyways, my original point was,, your cards are beautiful .. oh yeah btw i reckon the stitching looks cool. if you did them in brighter colours you could make them lines. as in lines you write on . i do that with my art journals!! i buy blank notebooks then draw squiggly lines, and sometimes make them look like stitches. ooh this is exciting.. *runs off to cover journals with fabric*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blueworld
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005 01:29:27 AM »

Nice bright colors! I like them both finished and unfinished. The visible stitching shows the "made by a real person, how cool!" aspect, while the finished inside looks more... "professional." I think it depends on who you're selling/giving the cards to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coralfang03
~*there is no time to worry about tomorrow*~

~*rock n roll is here to stay*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005 06:21:34 AM »

these are truly lovely... i might have a go at doing something similar. im with you on the visible stitching, it gives things a truly 'homespun' feel... do you sell any of your work? these look saleable to me Smiley

liz xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"jane says, im done with sergio, he treats me like a ragdoll....i don't believe in love, i don't know what it is, only know when someone wants me"

Jane Says - Janes Addiction

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
PARTYINPINK
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005 01:12:30 PM »

Aww!! I like them a lot tres cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What school do you go to"
"Ben Franklin"
"Oh yes, you free-spirited people"
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005 01:30:36 PM »

those are gorgeous...!! wow i was thinking about covering some of my journals but i didnt realise people *sewed* them on..!! i always thought they were GLUED on! how smart... or am i just stupid??

Nope...you're not the only retard.  Add me to the list, cuz I  have been trying forever to figure out how they covered journals.  Sewing had never occured to me. 

They're VERY cute!  I love 'em.  I think I'm in the minority, though, because I like the covered version better.  Maybe in terms of selling them, you could make some of each?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005 01:39:23 PM »

Very nice indead!

I LOVE seeing the stitching...and I like the idea of writing along them. Maybe if they were for specific occasions then you could even print/write/stick words onto that side such as Merry Christmas and make a real feature of them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
#StopTheBeautyMadness
Great Makeup Tips For Summer Brides
DIY Pore Strips…Do They Work?
How to Make a DIY Fizzing Bath Balm
How to Wear Coral Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...