A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...  (Read 1996 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachel.in.rainbows
« on: November 21, 2005 03:39:46 PM »

Anyone else find themselves in the same boat every year? I sure do.  I don't think I've bought a gift for my parents, and I am severly running out of time and ideas.  Every year I say I'm gonna start earlier, then come November I realize how screwed I am.  Gah.  Please tell me I'm not the only one!?  I was slightly under the impression that most crafters are all slightly disorganized and miss something... Brutal... I'm still not sure what to do...  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005 03:45:40 PM »

I'm knitting away, but yeah, it's a bit late isn't it?? I still have...well just about everybody to make something for. At least I have ideas. I have no clue about my husband though, he wont want something knitted. I've never actually gotten him something for Christmas or his birthday---I know I'm so terrible!!! We're just always so broke. I just finished a shawl for my husband's great aunt, and a scarf for his aunt. I have a bazillion scarves left over from a craft fair so if things get bad I have backup presents. I just always forget stuff---I'm just shocked Christmas is so soon. This kind of stuff creeps up and tackles me at the last minute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

douglasa
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005 03:49:49 PM »

You are not the only one.  I am a college senior, and work has overwhelmed me so much the closest I have gotten to having gifts is I have figured out what I want to give most people on my list.  But I just haven't had the time to make the gifts yet.  The two weeks between finals and christmas are going to be insanely busy for me I know.  
Ashley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
---Albert Einstein
pristinity
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005 03:21:25 PM »

I am half-way through a sweater for my sister, and I still have a few scarves to knit and things to sew/embroider for other siblings. I have quite a large family, and next to no money, so everyone is getting a handmade gift. I probably won't get everything ready for Christmas, so I'm starting with gifts for the people I'll see first, giving me a few extra days for people I won't see, and have to send something to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005 05:47:20 PM »

I'm in the same boat.  I have made 2 Christmas gifts so far but I have so much more to make.  Am I going to run out of time? Probably.  I can see myself still crafting away on Christmas eve.  Looks like I am in for some very late nights getting close to Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
MissMeshell
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005 06:01:35 PM »

I always wait until the end of uni before I start my xmas stuff (just finished on the 20th Nov) and at the moment i'm feeling quite calm about all the stuff ive got to make (is that bad?? lol) but I can see a freak out coming soon because of this strange calmness Tongue
But I do know exactly what i am buying/making so im happy about that...now I juat have to get on with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005 08:31:40 PM »

Bah!  Sorry guys... this is the first year I have been *way* ahead on things for Christmas.  Usually my boyfriend & I scramble.. last year... we were still shopping on Christmas Eve.  Since we didn't see our families until the next week...we kept shopping after Christmas, ha!

This year I was on a mission for crafted presents & bought presents to be done hella early... I am almost done!  He hates to shop, so if I go shopping, I just transfer half of the bill from his bank account to mine...lol, I can't beat it.  I'm like a personal shopper this year!  Suffice it to say, I have done a lot of shopping at consignment shops & thrift stores, so the bills aren't too high...but each of his family members (they are coming to our house this year) are going to have a stocking full & presents under the tree this year.  Yay.  Cheesy

I still have 3 big gifts to buy for him...but they are big money gifts and are waiting for my holiday bonus Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
emmaline
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005 12:07:25 AM »

Oh how I hear you.
I started "planning" in August/September because I'm so easily excitable.
But good intentions are all that amounted.
I've bought some things..like tickets and a few books and stuff but there is so much left to do. I decided I wanted to flex my crafty (but oh so weak) muscles this year and I wanted to make bags for all my friends, and something special for each family member...but where did that inspiration from August go?! I haven't even picked up a pair of scissors..
PLUS if I can't start baking which is the only thing I want to do for fear of them a) going off between now and then b) me eating it ALL. Its really not that unlikely.
Disorganisation is my specialty! At least I'm good at something...right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's stick to regular Monopoly. The game is crazy enough as it is; how can an iron be a landlord?

http://www.agirlcallede.blogspot.com
mata
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005 07:42:28 AM »

Thank you for reminding me.. I look around and there's Christmas decorations everywhere, the shops are full of toys and traditional Christmas cakes, and I feel like someone stole my autumn. Where did all those months go?!?! Did they just vanish?!?!  Huh
I should make a wall sign with your subject line, but hey, I will probably postpone that too and eventually forget!! GAAAAHHHH  I'm so screwed Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005 12:08:48 PM »

Guh... the most brutal thing is... I don't know where the fall went?  It just seemed to disappear.  I think I know what I might make.  I'm thinking, okay I found this drawstring bags made out of Aida, so I might crostt stitch them for my parents with names or such... simple designs (all because of time, I'm actually rather skilled with cross stitch) and then fill them with random little things they I will also make. Cheesy  How does that sound?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shoot an Inexperienced Model
Nikon D3x - Unboxing
How to Create an Executive Portrait
What is a Lifestyle Shoot
How to Shoot a Model Portfolio
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...