A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: where do you put your labels?  (Read 714 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

nobody's little weasel

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2005 11:12:42 AM »

Hi guys.

I was just wondering about where everyone likes to put their labels on their purses/totes/pouches/etc....?

I always thought they'd go inside, hidden (I hate the mega branding thing), but I just had some woven labels made, and I think they look awesome on the zippered-side of my pouches, along the bottom, or in the corner. at first i was putting them just inside, below the zipper.

so, i guess I'm just curious what y'all do, and why?

jasfitzdotcom - goods that make you giggle!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005 10:03:00 PM »

Good Question.

I've been thinking about getting some labels.  Where did you get yours?  Do you mind sharing your source?

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005 06:14:04 AM »

I actually have two labels for the bags I make...I put the label with my name on the inside ( I too hate mega branding) and then for the outside I have side tags that get sewn into the seam with my logo on it...no name just my logo.  I've talked to quite a few people about this and the general opinion was that people didn't like the name on the outside (now thats only the people I have asked...not everyones opinion!!) I only have printed labels right now as I am going to wait a bit to see if its worth the money for me to get woven labels (they look so much better - but are WAY more expensive from the place I got my labels) I wanted to see if my bags actually sell first before I spent big money on them. My printed labels were only $13.00 CDN for 50 and I think the woven were somewhere around $80.00. I got my labels from http://www.lusciouslabels.com/

I think if your labels are pretty and your proud of them, I don't see why putting them on the outside is wrong. Why don't you do a few of both and see which ones people gravitate to....just a suggestion...

Good luck

Check out my Etsy Shop...

My Wist

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you

Disasterously Beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005 04:12:12 PM »

i always put them in the lining...if it has pockets then i put it on the pocket
here's one of mine:

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005 01:50:03 PM »

I don't put my labels in the same place every time...

Some of my purses have embellishments enough as it is so I put it on the inside, generally right above the zipper pocket (if it has one), or on the regular open pocket.

Others need a little something and I use the label as a sort of embellishment, if you will. 

My labels say bycourt. and are made from shrinkydink material as suggested by smoon26...I don't know how to link to her message but her bags are AMAZING and everyone should check them out. 

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Check and Clean Your Sensor Dust
Learn about the Shutter Speed
Learn about ISO Sensitivity
How to use the Metering Mode - Canon 40D DVD
How to work with shutter Speed
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...