A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: need english to bulgarian translations for embroidered onsies  (Read 476 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craft-o-matic
« on: November 20, 2005 01:35:25 PM »

I am hoping to embroider some onesies as a gift for my sister-in-law who is Bulgarian (living in Georgia). Her baby girl, Simone, is due this week and I thought it would be special to embroider words such as baby, wonderful, princess, little girl, etc. on them.

I'm scared to just get translations off of the internet b/c I don't want them to be wrong and the font looks awful too. Could someone please help translate these for me in a cute type or font instead of plain block letters? Or does anyone have a link or resource I could use to find cursive cyrillic translations for these words? I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuluB
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005 06:45:24 AM »

you might beable to find something at your local bookstore.  most big chain stores (barnes & noble, borders) don't mind if you campp out with a few books for a few hours while not buying anything.  or you might try your local library.

that's all i have, hope it helps,
erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft-o-matic
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005 07:09:31 AM »

thanks for the idea. I guess that was too easy for me to even think of. Nevertheless, I live too far from town so I looked up "wonderful" on an online translator and came up with this. I have no idea if the english wonderful has the same connotation in Bulgarian. It would be kind of funny if it translated to something like "great" or "good quality"  Wink I don't think she'd want her baby to wear that!

Anyhow, if anyone can read this, does it mean wonderful? Thanks.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brae_Day
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005 08:12:28 AM »

What a nicely detailed embroidery!  Know what it reminds me of??  When you're on someone's blog, or anoter "secured" site, and to prove you're not just a computer trying to hack or spam, you have to put in random letters shown above that always look cool and squiggely... does anyone know what I mean?Huh   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Inspiration of a Printmaking Artist
Turning a Painting Passion into a Fashion Career
How to Paint an Ocean
How to Embellish a Painted Sky
How to Paint Sand using Oil Paints
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...