A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,877
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wisconsin Thrift stores....  (Read 19577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chandralyn
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2006 06:32:25 PM »

Hey, everyone!

Dime and Dollar in about the 300 block of S. 2nd Ave., Bathesda in about the 100 block of N. 1st Ave. in Wausau are a couple of my favorites.  My children (all 5) really love these places , too.  My son was in the play "Sining in the Rain" and commented that HE had better clothes than the theater clothes at school!  Goodwill in Weston is good ,also.  Resently had a couple of pairs of Steve Madden shoes.  My daughter spent several minutes trying to get them to fit!!

I love the St. Vincent DePaul in Madison and in Marshfield, too.  Marshfiel, WI - A hospital town.  No shopping there but all the docs families take stuff to the St. Vincent store.  About 40 minutes from Wausau.

See you there!
ChandraLyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldpaperstar

i love craftster.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2006 10:42:17 PM »

lacrosse area- to be honest, i haven't been to any of these, i used to thrift A LOT when i lived in columbus, oh (huge city with tons of shops) but i haven't in the 5 years since i've been back in wi. but here's what we have in this area...

andy's hwy 16 resale 7457 state hwy 16 sparta
bits and pieces 735 n main st viroqua
consignment boutique 1824 george st lacrosse
consignment cash connection 708 winnebago st lacrosse
fine things 1300 caledonia st lacrosse
flashback denim and more 2001 state rd lacrosse (take that back, i went here.. they have TONS of jeans from the 60s, 70s in this tiny garage at pretty good prices i think. they aren't open a lot though).
open closet 113 e oak st sparta
pass it on 229 n black river st sparta
the second showing 1400 west ave s lacrosse
treasures on main 722 main st la crosse
twice is nice 200 main st onalaska

plus there's tons of antique shops alllll over this area in tiny little towns, but i wasn't sure if you wanted those too or if it was just clothing stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

distant though i am
orange, gold and green
firing, flaming
colors surround me

http://myspace.com/goldpaperstar
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2006 11:58:52 AM »

I have a national directory of thrift stores. I hope this helps..

http://www.thethriftshopper.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShopper.Com for your shopping convenience.
ophelia
*OpHeLiA*

i <3 craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006 08:20:03 PM »

There's also a decent used book store on Milwaukee St. downtown.
If anyone lives in or visits the area and knows of any I've missed, please do tell!

Are you speaking of the one on the corner of wisconsin and milwaukee street downtown? The one by the old (and closed) walgreens? I haven't been to that one yet, BUT what about RENAISSANCE BOOKS!!?!?! OMG I would live there if I could.  I know they used to have a little section at the MKE airport (not sure if they still do or not) but the one downtown is awesome... and the basement is full of old magazines!!! I can't exactly remember what street it is on downtown, but I'm thinking it might be on plankinton... or somewhere around there.... just north of wisconsin street.

I just wanted to give my two cents in for the Salvation Army store on S. 27th street in Franklin (on the border of Franklin/Milwaukee).  It's a far drive from my downtown location, but they sometimes have AWESOME fabric selection in their linens area!!! (Vintage fabrics and new too!!!)  I swear by it's awesomeness!!!!  Lots of records... and i like the fact that they have something of everything. 

ok sorry for the novel but i love thrift stores.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
velouria81
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006 01:51:52 PM »

I love the St. Vincent DePaul in Madison and in Marshfield, too.  Marshfiel, WI - A hospital town.  No shopping there but all the docs families take stuff to the St. Vincent store.  About 40 minutes from Wausau.
You forgot the best part.  The St Vinnie's in Marshfield is THREE STORIES of used good fun. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erinscissorhands
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008 07:06:08 PM »

Wow, I'm going to have to take a trip up to Marshfield for sure!

I just moved to Madison...I can't wait for the rummage sales to start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy shop- http://www.operationpapercut.etsy.com
my blog- http://www.operation-paper-cut.blogspot.com
OPERATION PAPER CUT- hand bound journals, stationery and more.
dawnshandmadejewelery
dawns handmade jewelery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011 03:14:01 PM »

I normally don't go far for my crafting supplies but I do check out my local goodwill and I also have a local store called the "ABC Store" they sell used goods.From clothing to crafting items and so on.I go there when I see there bag day sign outside next to there building a bag full of stuff is only 3 dollars on bag day.That is where I get a lot of sew items and goodies for crafting.

i also go to lacrosse,wi which is about 30 to 40 minutes from where I live.

I go to the salvation army and goodwill and hobby lobby and wal-mart all located in lacrosse,wi when I am in lacrosse,wi

I don't have much of a crafting section in my local wal-mart.So I shop quite often in lacrosse,wi.

If anyone knows of any places in the tomah to lacrosse,wi area please let me know.

Abc store is located on main street in tomah,wi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently started to create handmade jewelery.I have decided to start doing something with my time.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Digital Firework Part 1/2 - Adobe After Effects
How to Make Three Simple Background - Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop CS4 - Software Review
How to Make a Fire Canvas Painting - Photoshop CS3
How to Make a Clashing Planets Scene - Adobe Photoshop Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...