A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,810
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lip balm suppliers?  (Read 726 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: November 19, 2005 05:58:44 PM »

I was wondering if anyone knows of any on-line stores in Canada that have flavor oils or lip balm base or containers or labels? I've never tried to make my own lip gloss and was hoping this would be a good Winter project (b/c god knows it's too cold to go oustide) and alot of suppliers that I found wont ship to Canada or charge a huge shipping rate. 

I'm willing to travel if anyone knows any good stores in the GTA or surrounding that carry any lip balm supplies

Thanks so much !!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005 10:08:13 AM »

no one know!!! Huh

I've been searching the internet for days and I'm so confused myself  I can't find a Lip balm base maker in Canada!!

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005 10:11:30 AM »

For an easy lip balm base, melt equal parts grated beeswax and almond oil together.  You can also add a few drops of vitamin e oil (you can purchase the oil, or just get some of the gel capsules (should be with the vitamins/supplements) and pop 'em open with a pin).   I've "improvised" a double boiler for the melting, just stir while you melt-- it doesn't take very long.

As far as flavorings go, I've read that candy-flavoring oils can work, but have never tried them.  Just add during the melting process, or stir in just before you pour your concoction.  The base can also work for making perfume solids, just use essential oils instead of flavor oils. 

I've not purchased anything from this website, but I've heard good things about it: http://www.wellingtonfragrance.com/

I hope this helps.  Good luck.   Smiley

Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005 10:19:29 AM »

just for the record-- I don't see why candy flavoring oils wouldn't work- the only real requirement for a lip balm flavoring would be that it'd be edible and taste nice, right? so it makes sense that candy flavors would work..

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

Yarn Goddess & Ebay-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005 10:16:50 PM »

I have purchased from http://www.lyndenhouseinternational.com/ a few times before, and found they have all of the supplies I needed (they are in Edmonton) I haven't ordered from them in a few years though.  I just checked out their website and it was unavailable. Maybe check back in a while to see if its up and running.

Good luck!

Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Traditional Indian Paneer
Meet Sushi Expert Mamie Nishide
Sushi Etiquette Tips
Ginger Guide for Sushi
How to Make Nigiri Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...