A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,109
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Darker Side of Harry Potter/GoF-inspired swap?  (Read 6811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2005 10:04:16 PM »

I know, I know: HP swap part 4 is still in the works, and everything, but I saw The Goblet of Fire last night and I'm still reeling from the wonderfulness of it all. I really like how it showed a darker, almost gothic, sometimes, aspect of the series. Also, Harry starts being sarcastic and argumentative and I love Pissy Harry Grin.
So is anyone else interested in exploring the Darker side of HP more completely? I find the recent "Darker Side of Wonderland" swap pretty inspirational.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005 02:51:31 PM »

Hmm, no takers yet? Really? Is this a bad idea or am I just impatient?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005 02:53:36 PM »

just impatient:)!!
I saw it last night and it's incredible! OF course I saw far too many little kiddies there - mine at 9 and 7 and it'll be quite some time before I let them see it!
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005 03:01:07 PM »

Yay, a reply Cheesy!
I'm 16, now, and I definitely like the darkness of the film . I read the book for the first time at eleven, though, and I think it may have been scarier than the movie.
So would you be interested in particpating, Selkie? I kind of like the idea of taking HP, which is often over-simplified and called childish, and embracing the richer aspects of the movies and books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005 03:06:16 PM »

I'm interested, but it'll depend on timing - I'm in graduate school and pretty tied up until the end of January - not sure you would want to wait that long!
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005 03:13:53 PM »

Heh, well, I figured I'd have to wait a bit, considering that Harry Potter Swap Part 4 is still in the works and that the holidays are quickly approaching. I just thought I'd post the idea before I forgot about it Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005 03:52:43 PM »

so who else thought Harry looked HOT in the tub??  heehee!   Grin

anyway, back on topic, this sounds good!  I love how dark the series is becoming.  He's growing up, and in the world of magic nothing can stay sweet and happy for long, for there's always evil lurking about...muahahhahaa aaa!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005 04:41:04 PM by bubba*tink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005 06:10:50 AM »

so who else thought Harry looked HOT in the tub??  heehee!   Grin

anyway, back on topic, this sounds good!  I love how dark the series is becoming.  He's growing up, and in the world of magic nothing can stay sweet and happy for long, for there's always evil lurking about...muahahhahaa aaa!!

Heh, he did, actually, for a few seconds there Wink. I'm actually starting to develop a mini crush on Dan (who plays Harry) Embarrassed. But anyway....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CosmicCarrot
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005 03:10:09 PM »

well if i was to join a swap, i'm definitely thinking it would be this one...except i'm kind of intimidated because i've never been in one before and i kind of have a lack of money and, uh, skill. i mean, i'm considered quite crafty and creative in comparison to other people at school, but that's not saying much considering there are probably only about 10 people my age in our town who have ever even touched knitting needles or a sewing machine...anyway, i'm off the point. what i'm trying to get at is that whoever i swapped with might be a wee bit disappointed with the results (it might kinda fall apart). it is very reassuring to know there are others around my age participating in (and organising!) swaps (i'm 15)....
yet the other things that may cause a problem are that i'm VERY cheap and hate pating with money, and am kind of intimidated by sending large things by mail (and the cost that might come with that, i doubt many of you live close to new brunswick, canada...).
but if i did bring up the courage to sign up, i would NEVER flake, i'm too consciencious (i think my spelling sucks) so you wouldn't have to worry about that, just my finished product might not be so up-to-par with others. and maybe it's just my self-conscious side getting the best of me. whatever.so yeah, i'm going to stop my rambling now. that was quite a long, confusing post. with lots of run-on sentences. and i hate run-on sentences. meh.

ps: i thing harry looked pretty darn hot in the tub too. the only thing hotter than harry in the tub was ron in his dress robes. ohhhhh yeah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
jets_to_july

less than three

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005 11:38:21 PM »

When I saw the title of this new swap idea,I gasped, my eyes went buggy, and I became a tad over excited (I didn't pee my pants or anything though, haha  Grin ) and clapped a lot ::rolls eyes at idiotic-ness::
YES! I am definetly interested in this swap!!!  I went to the midnight premier of GoF, and I've gotta say: I loved it!! Even with everything that was taken out, it was still wonderful! I, as well, like how things are getting much darker. It brings a "real" aspect to it I guess (if that makes sense) (actually, just read bubba*tink's post, haha, it makes a lot more sense....as does everyone elses posts...::ends the rambling:: ).
Anyway, yes, I would definetly be in this swap!!

Oh, and yes, Harry/Dan did look hot in that tub Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take a Good Photo in a Swimsuit
How to Use a Reflector to Add Fill Light
How to Make Your Own Photo Canvases
Multiple Exposures in Macro Photography
Using the Right Lens For a Close-Up
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...