A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moving to Seattle in the New Year  (Read 3536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftykate
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005 09:27:26 PM »

I live in Ballard which is not far from downtown and really a pretty cute area. I pay 720 for a decent size one bedroom that allows pets. All the other neighborhoods that have been mentioned are cool too. Feel free to pm me with any specific questions.

There is a really active SnB group that meets in the queen anne neighborhood in a neat coffee shop on mondays. I've only managed to make it there a few times.

As far as craft fairs check out I heart rummage. www.iheartrummage.c om
it's monthly. I've been a vendor for a few months now and there is usually a decent turn out.

I hope you and your husband like it. I moved here 4 years ago and Seattle is my favorite city now. I love it here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005 05:41:21 PM »

Oh, I love seattle.  The best part is that, unlike any place I've ever lived before, the bus system actually works! It's super easy to navigate and even get where you want to go on time.
Purely based on the posts of yours that I've come across, I think you're pretty well cut out for Seattle. You'll probably have a shitton of fun here, and sell a lot of stuff too.
Wow, I hope you survive the drive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005 05:56:50 PM »

one of my friends moved to seattle a couple years ago, and i went to visit last januray. holy crap is it cold!!! i got to experience trying to shovel a car out of the snow (pretty fun actually..) and i LOVED pike's markert! i <3 fish. and the salmon makes me want to move there
from the little bit of seattle that i did see, it was really really breathtaking. my only complaint would be that if you live too far from the city, it's pretty expensive for groceries. when my friend came back to so.cal to visit, all she could do was rave over fresh vegetables in her salad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
blueworld
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005 02:12:04 AM »

I've lived in Seattle for three years, and I love it. All the neighborhoods mentioned are good ones. If you're going to take the bus, I strongly suggest you live in the city rather than the suburbs. Check Seattle Metro Transit's trip planner at http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U to check how hard it will be to get from one place to another.

I don't know much about the real craft community here. Actually I hadn't heard about I Heart Rummage, but it sounds really cool -- I'll have to check it out soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykate
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005 10:16:22 AM »

There's an I heart rummage this sunday. I was supposed to be a vendor, but I just sold almost all my finished stuff. (not that I'm complaining) definitely check it out. There is some really cool stuff there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
stitches
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006 09:03:35 PM »

If you're looking for knitting groups, here is a list of a few I know about:

Stitches - 711 E. Pike St. every Sunday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
Purlygirls - El Diablo Coffee on Queen Anne every Monday night
Capitol Hill Knitters - Victrola Coffee on 15th & Harrison every Tuesday night
Seattle Stitch n' Bitch - Cupcake Royale/Verite Coffee in Ballard every Wednesday night

There is also a Capitol Hill Yahoo Knitters group if you end up in the city.  Here's the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SeattleCapitolHillKnitters/cal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy stitching!

Amy Ellsworth
Stitches
711 E Pike St
Seattle, WA 98122
(206) 709-0707
http://www.stitchesseattle.com
cupcake-girl
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006 11:01:47 PM »

So, did you make the leap?>
I'm moving up there myself before it gets too hot here in Austin. I set June 1 as my deadline to arrive in Seattle.
Looking on Craigslist, I can see lots of affordable housing opportunities.
I went up to Seattle in November to scope it out. Check out West Seattle--it's just a short bus ride from downtown. You can get a 1BR for $525.
Also check out Church of Craft.
Maybe I'll see you there someday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pathlesstraveled

Is it hot in here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006 07:49:24 PM »

I'll be moving somewhere downtown in July.  I live in Louisiana, so I will also have a horrible drive (with a 10 month old kitten, to boot!).  Hope to see you all there!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cupcake-girl
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006 11:30:24 PM »

I gave notice on my apartment--kitty and I are leaving Austin on April 25th, driving west through El Paso to L.A., then north through Cali and Oregon. My plan is to arrive in Bellingham on May 1st.
I want to spend the summer there b/c it's cheaper than SEattle, and there's so much to do and see. B'ham is so close to VAncouver and Victoria, B.C.
I found a place to stay for the month of May (I'm a poet and I don't even know it!).
AFter that, who knows. As CRaig is my witness, I'll find a super special place. And free/cheap furnishings! I'm taking very litte with me b/c you can find anything you want on craigslist.
See you in Seattle!
Erin
P.S. I want to attend Church of Craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006 11:10:50 AM »

I can't believe noone's mentioned Magnolia yet!  It's really a beautiful neighbourhood, there're some really cool looking houses with great front gardens, not ritzy, but not crap either.  My brother lived in a really nice three story house with a bunch of other people there in Magnolia and collectively it cost about $1,500 or so.

My hubby and I lived on Alki Beach, which is about 20 minutes or so by bus.  There are some cut apartments and houses around there, and a whole little beach community with a fish and chips restaurant and cafe right in front of the bus stop.  Now we're in uber exciting columbus, ohio...My hubby has applied to some jobs in seattle, so we hope to move back!!  i luvs it there...And I love the rain, so the weather is fine by me!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Getting Salon Style Extensions At Home
2013 Summer Hair Trend: Medium Length Cuts
How to Style 1920s Short Hair
Hair Care Tips for Aging and Thinning Hair
Tips for Coverage and Camouflage Of Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...