A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THRIFT STORE PURSE REVAMP *ROUND II* sign ups CLOSED  (Read 32751 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chrissy.eew

i think carefully before acting rashly.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: January 11, 2006 08:07:37 AM »

im just about done with XbelovedXoneX's  purse aka Skullerina.
im missing that final touch, you know?  she's telling me that i'm not done and i just say ok and keep glueing away. haha
i'll be ready to ship by friday.
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quote of the day: "That techno-rock you guys listen to is gutless." -valley girl

http://agirlnamedcricket.etsy.com
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: January 11, 2006 08:14:45 AM »

After a lot of blood, sweat and cussing Rackycoo's bag should be winging its way back home tomorrow. Yay!

Yay! Sorry about the blood and sweat. I'm guessing the cussing would have occured no matter what, so I'm not taking the blame for that.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 11, 2006 08:17:13 AM »

I was trying to decide how to get the Kate spade logo off tristitas purse, but I couldn't find any stitching...my boyfriend asked to see, and just simply peeled it right off!  Lips sealed Grin

I read this entire thread this morning at work, and I have to admit that sentence made me shed a little tear.

Granted, I only like the "fancier" Kate Spade things (I covet the logo-print diaper bag, for example) or my iPod mini case (only got it because the iPod was free with our iMac)... but still.  I'm a purse whore, and I can't help it!

Maybe I should be joining this someday...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
tristitia

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2006 08:25:13 AM »

I was trying to decide how to get the Kate spade logo off tristitas purse, but I couldn't find any stitching...my boyfriend asked to see, and just simply peeled it right off!  Lips sealed Grin

I read this entire thread this morning at work, and I have to admit that sentence made me shed a little tear.

Oh no, It's go to go!  I'm so glad Cheap Thrills is whacking it off!  I hate labels of any kind, and I can't understand why whoever originally bought this purse from the store paid whatever crazy price they did for such a plain black purse - could've been a generic Walmart purse but it had that magic little "Kate Spade" tag on it that suckered someone.
No offense to anyone who cares about buying name brands, and sometimes they're worth it, but believe me - this one wasn't!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2006 08:58:54 AM »

Oh no, It's go to go!  I'm so glad Cheap Thrills is whacking it off!  I hate labels of any kind, and I can't understand why whoever originally bought this purse from the store paid whatever crazy price they did for such a plain black purse - could've been a generic Walmart purse but it had that magic little "Kate Spade" tag on it that suckered someone.
No offense to anyone who cares about buying name brands, and sometimes they're worth it, but believe me - this one wasn't!   Wink

I do have to admit, I've only bought one "branded" purse (a Coach Scribble bag), and the rest have been TJMaxx finds (where else can you get a Kenneth Cole Reaction $180 bag for $30, new, with tags? other than ebay..), gifts, or hand-me-downs.  I do have to say that Kate Spade microfiber leaves something to be desired in the quality department, sometimes... it frays easily.  I tend to stick to leather for that reason only.  I have a 10-12 year old Coach HUGE tote bag that looks brand new, handed down from my mom that I love...

Anyway, I personally wouldn't have gotten that particular KS simply because of the microfiber aspect at a department store... but for a Goodwill bag, you've probably gotten the best deal anywhere!  I just meant that it hurt me that such a good deal (i.e. over $150 saved!) was given the treatment.  Then again, half the bags I've found at Goodwills or the like have been utter Granny Bags, and maybe I'm just jealous of your thrift goodness.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
knottydottie

Live with no regrets.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2006 10:19:39 AM »

I am almost done with Cortag04's purse!  I just have to finish sewing in the lining....by hand.....ugg.  But it'll be worth it!  Bye bye boring brown wallflower!  I am just curious how Cortag04 is doing on mine, haven't heard a peep!  Hopefully that's a good sign!  Which purse did you end up choosing to attack Cortag?

knottydottie Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2006 10:21:24 AM »

After a lot of blood, sweat and cussing Rackycoo's bag should be winging its way back home tomorrow. Yay!

Yay! Sorry about the blood and sweat. I'm guessing the cussing would have occured no matter what, so I'm not taking the blame for that.  Cheesy
Hee! Hee! Thus the bar of soap......
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006 11:48:24 AM by Stifflersmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
hubbyoed

I don't like the Cyclops

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2006 11:14:26 AM »

yikes, i feel behind. I hope my partner likes what I did - I sorta screwed up the painting :X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2006 11:54:13 AM »

As a lot of you are getting ready to ship, can you do me a favor?

When you PM me with a DC# can you make sure you put Thrift Store Revamp 2 in the subject line and let me know who you shipped to. ( Stifflersmom shipped to Rackycoo on 01/12   DC# 1234 5678 9811 0000 )

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006 11:56:57 AM by Stifflersmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2006 08:38:50 PM »

I'm nearly done!  nearlynearlynearly (dancing around cheering).  I just need to wait for the glue to dry so I can sew the last couple of seams, mwahahaha.  nearly done!  I prolly won't ship 'til Fri, tho...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
I Am Spam: Anthony Eats America Ep. 4 - Deleted Scene
Cherry Pie With Lattice Top Recipe
Wrigley Field Chef Shows How to Make Chicago Chopped Relish
Calorie Counting at the State Fair: Do You Even Want To?
Hot Dog Restaurant Keeps Customers Coming For More Than a Decade
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...