A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
818 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THRIFT STORE PURSE REVAMP *ROUND II* sign ups CLOSED  (Read 31090 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: December 29, 2005 11:11:11 AM »

Thanks, gingerquilts!   Cheesy  And it looks big enough to be of some help--the problem is tendinitis in my arm.  It does feel much better today, but I'm forcing myself not to go back to your purse until it's ALL better.  That plastic raffia is fierce!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
pineapplejeb

you can call me Mrs. Krasinski

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 29, 2005 12:11:47 PM »

kaleidoscopeeyes-WHERE did you find that pink/polka dot cutie??   Shocked
That's totally something I would have had as a kid during my punky brewster years or during my first yrs of college when i dyed part of my hair pink. I'm guessing at the size but it looks like something that would be fun to throw lipstick and your cell phone in if you were going out on the town!

...wish me luck, off to get supplies for a x-mas gift i haven't even begun yet! my best friend who lives out of town is coming to visit for new years and I always make her something fabulous, but this year I have had zero luck thinking of something creative. I still have some iron on transfer paper so maybe I'll do something with that. Leave me some inspiration and I'll love you forever Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2005 05:00:53 PM »

Me thinks I recognize the back ground in that photo. Do you have the twin to my 1950's cracked ice formica table?

maybe they're triplets? it looks a lot like the formica table i bought a few days ago!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
kaleidoscopeeyes

have a molly and a smile!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2005 05:46:11 PM »

Hahaha, I'm glad my bag was such a hit!  Michelle, 80s glam girly sounds awesome!!!  Just what I was thinking of.  I love polka dots.  I'm obsessed.  Embarrassed  Thanks for posting that for me!!

Pineapplejeb, it's actually a little bit bigger than you would think.  It came with a bigger pink polka dot bag I got at a flea market as a makeup bag, but I manage to fit my cell phone, camera, various makeup, and a wad of ones in there.

Actually today I was freaking out.  I was going out with my gay boyfriend (does anyone else have one of these?) and I was desperately trying to find it and then realized that I would have to go with my second-rate dragon bag.  Oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2005 07:18:16 PM »

Me thinks I recognize the back ground in that photo. Do you have the twin to my 1950's cracked ice formica table?

maybe they're triplets? it looks a lot like the formica table i bought a few days ago!

Great minds shop alike!
I keep buying them every time one pops up at the thrifty, I have three in the craft room and one we actually eat at on the back porch.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2005 07:27:06 PM »

Great minds shop alike!
I keep buying them every time one pops up at the thrifty, I have three in the craft room and one we actually eat at on the back porch.  Grin
I have a table just like that in my imaginary dream kitchen.  The one that has turquoise-colored appliances, a round-top refrigerator, and a black/white check tile floor. 
Maybe someday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 29, 2005 07:58:18 PM »

I would love a monitor-top fridge and pink appliances, wear aprons all day, and hats & gloves to the grocery. Ah, born too late....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2005 08:12:16 PM »

I would love a monitor-top fridge and pink appliances, wear aprons all day, and hats & gloves to the grocery. Ah, born too late....
You just reminded me of the bag full of aprons my grandma gave me a couple years before she died.  She made most of them from feed sacks, and she washed them in her ringer washer and used lots of starch.  I've used them for various costuming occasions, and I love them.  I just think I'll never use them in the kitchen, because I'd certainly ruin them (I have neither the cooking nor the laundry skills she did).  She gave me purses and hats, too.  And little plastic rain bonnets in funny containers (a zip-up slipper, for example).

Hey... you're in Minnesota.  Don't you always wear hats & gloves to the grocery?  Cheesy It's cold up there! 

And back to the topic.  My tendinitis is feeling much better tonight.  I hope to work on your purse again this weekend, gingerquilts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2005 10:23:21 PM »

Great minds shop alike!

i love them too, i have a great red one that i use for a sewing table. it looks a bit like a wavy plaid, and has cute little extensions on the ends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2005 06:38:00 AM »

Hey... you're in Minnesota.  Don't you always wear hats & gloves to the grocery?  Cheesy It's cold up there! 

And back to the topic.  My tendinitis is feeling much better tonight.  I hope to work on your purse again this weekend, gingerquilts!

Yeah sure you betcha, we wear dem glubs and long handle drawers mosta da year.
What lovely things for grammy to leave you!
I've just started wearing aprons in the kitchen and love them, but I'm having a hard time finding the right size at the thrifty. Were all women so tiny back in the day??? 

Glad to hear you are feeling better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 3
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 2
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 1
Style in Woody Allen Films
Luxe Holiday Party Dressing Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...